Ram Rebel Forum banner

Air suspension/ drivers rear looks lower

22K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Amos Moses 
#1 ·
Hello all. New 2017 Rebel owner here, and this is my 3rd hemi Ram. Love the truck, but the rear drivers side doesn't seem to get to off road height. Has anyone experienced this kind of thing on their Rebels? I just joined 5 min ago and I have 103 miles on this thing. I put Iron cross HD steps on as well.

#3 ·
I still haven't pulled the trigger on trading my sport for a Rebel but from the reading I've done on this forum and others I would bring it right to the dealership to get it on record that there's an issue. They may have to check for leaks, it could be something with the sensors, maybe a computer thing, but no matter what you want it documented immediately.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I believe I remember seeing somewhere that there was some sort of "reset" that could be done that might correct some issue with the height sensors but I may have imagined it haha. If it's a leak or something that obviously won't help, but if it's just something screwy with the computer it may fix the problem. Let me see if I can dig up what I remember reading.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#13 ·
From all the reading/research I did prior to my purchase..... It's a sealed nitrogen system, there is no "air" involved. If there was a leak you wouldn't be able to raise the truck in to off-road mode. Go to a flat parking lot, lower the truck all the way, then raise the truck all the way. Take measurements, all 4 corners. The rotate the truck 180 degrees, try and park in the exact same spot simply facing the other way now. Do the same thing, lower, raise then measure. Drivers side lower on all measurements?

#15 ·
If it is a sealed system how can it pull the air in except via the leak in a vacuum (like ac system)? I've read many posts and articles regarding the air suspension (not specifically Rebels but Rams) and when they experience a leaks it doesn't go up all the way and need to go to the dealer for a leak fix and for the systems to be recharged.

#17 ·
If it is a sealed system how can it pull the air in except via the leak in a vacuum (like ac system)? I've read many posts and articles regarding the air suspension (not specifically Rebels but Rams) and when they experience a leaks it doesn't go up all the way and need to go to the dealer for a leak fix and for the systems to be recharged.
Depends on where in the system the leak is. If it's in the reservoir or the lines to / from the reservoir and pump, then it can easily suck normal air in through the leak anytime the pump is running to fill up one of the bags.

#20 ·
I just noticed my drivers side rear is about .5"-1" lower than the passenger side. I guess I'll try the reset and then maybe go to the dealer. @Coolhandluke, do you know where that sensor is where the bolt was missing? Or does anyone else know where to look? I'd rather tighten a bolt on my own before dealing with the terrible service here in Memphis. Thanks for any help, guys.

Oh, and how do I reset? Which two buttons do I hold down?

Thanks again.

#22 · (Edited)
I just noticed my drivers side rear is about .5"-1" lower than the passenger side.

Thanks again.
Thats the way they come from the factory. Mine was between 3/4" and 1" lower on the right side. It has been discussed on this forum that maybe Dodge does it for the gas tank or I don't know why but it is super annoying just knowing your truck is tilted even if you can't really notice it. But to fix it you have to change the suspension links. I bought mine at Adjustable Air Ride and only changed the front ones and shortened then abou an inch. I made the drivers side link about 1/2" shorter than the passengers and that evened it out as well as raising the front between 1 3/4" and 2". She is now even and looks amazing. Good luck and let us know what if anything you do to fix it.

#24 ·
So status report. It was literally pouring down rain at the dealership when the truck was "fixed" and after sitting there 3.5 hours they had it sitting outside when they were finished. Didn't really give her a great once over. I pulled it out today and it is sitting crooked AF. Still the drivers side is at least 2 inches off in the rear which also makes it look off in the front. I put it in entry/exit through off road and it is still wrong. This is BS. I have excactly 459 miles on this thing and it isn't right.

#26 · (Edited)
Mine sits half to three quarters lower on the left side. Had it in the shop for four days, ENGINEERING looked at it and several others on the lot, all have the same issue.
Not fixed, not happy. Just because other trucks on the lot are also uneven doesn't mean it's right, only that ENGINEERING needs to put that piece of paper with some college's name on it to good use.
Adjustable links would allow a backyard mechanic to get it closer than a half inch.

Come on guys

#27 ·
I have experienced my Rebel going down an inch or two when it is parked. When I get in it will still be in the mode that I left it in, but the drop did occur. I took it in and had it documented. It still works with the speed and buttons as it should during driving and while stopped. Dealer checked everything and said everything looked normal. Weird.

#30 ·
I have a 2017 Ram Rebel less than 3000 miles that has a driver side lean. Its been to the dealer 3 times and they still haven't got it straight. Its been as much as 1 1\2 inch lower on the passenger side. Each time they send it back its within 1\4 inch of being level which i can accept. Still not totally right but I'm living with it for now

#31 ·
Does anyone know if the self-leveling function will attempt to level the truck from side to side (or front to back) when parked on a slope? Sometimes after I park, I hear some sort of motor come on that I thought maybe was a compressor adjusting the bags...

I park mine in my driveway - which is sloped upward significantly, and toward the driver's side a little - and I often notice that the back end is lower on the driver's side... but it varies how much. Once or twice it was 2 inches+; most times it's between 1/2" and 1". I've tried all the fixes mentioned above, but makes no difference.

The truck is only two weeks old, and this has been bugging the crap outta me... I've become obsessive about looking to see if it's level whenever I park it. I made an appointment with the dealer, but had to reschedule; hoping they don't give me the run around when I get in there next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.