Anyone install the ALPINE X009-Ram to replace the factory uconnect nav systems?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KCAZOFAI, Mar 1, 2016.

1. lasani1121

lasani1121 Grasshopper

just make sure you go to a reputable video installer. There are a lot of hacks out there that can damage your truck.

There are a lot of videos on youtube that review this unit on a ram 1500. Let us know on what you decide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. lasani1121

lasani1121 Grasshopper

By the way, i see you are in brooklyn, NY. I moved out to SoCal a year and a half ago but born and raised in NYC Upper West Side. Moved out after 35 years!!!! :)

The installer i would go to, ONLY, is Home Page :: Ai Design You may pay a little more with these guys but you will know that the job got done RIGHT! They are not far from you and outside NYC in Westchester County.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KCAZOFAI

KCAZOFAI Grasshopper

Thanks so much! My cousins has his own shop in Staten Island and has done a few of these already which is how I found out about it. But living in Brooklyn you grow up knowing who the hacks are lol. But thanks for looking out.
    It is something that has been on my mind. I will make my decision soon and keep you in the loop. In 2 weeks I am installing the flowmaster outlaw exhaust, and 50" Led lightbar. the radio would be next if I go with it.

4. FDRam2500

FDRam2500 Grasshopper

Hey Guys I just bought one of these used 4 months and I paid $1400 haven't installed it yet but i know its a very good system and it is completely plug and play. there is no use comparing to the 8.4 because its only made for trucks with the 5.0 screen don't ask me why cause I don't know..... Its much louder than any Dodge stereo everything about it is better and heres the kicker the dealership I bought my truck in is now installing them in new trucks

5. lkoroush

lkoroush Grasshopper

I have just bought this and installed myself the only complaint i have is i dont have control over the trailer setup like i did on my uconnect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

6. zim

zim Rebel Expert

Top Poster Of Month

Insane mod, glad it's all working out for those that bit the bullet and installed.

7. NWSDE

NWSDE Grasshopper

Great insight. Do you happen to know when the new factory unit will be available?

Although... this unit is pretty bad ass. does anyone know if its plug and play? I don't want to lose any of the factory features (camera, dash inputs/settings, compass, etc.