Blower motor intermittantly not working

Discussion in 'RAM Rebel Problems and Issues' started by Formula, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Formula

Formula Grasshopper

My 2017 has been in the shop for ~10 days now and nobody can figure out how to solve this problem. The blower motor will be delayed to start by 5-10 minutes the first time you start it in the morning (or after it sits for 8 hours or so - for both AC and Heat). So far they have replaced the motor itelf, the module (I'm guessing the engine control module? - they just said module), the switch, a temp sensor, and the resistor pack, and it continues to do this. The service department said that they opened a STAR case a few days ago so hopefully someone at chrysler knows whats going on.

Does anyone here have any idea what might be going on?

2. zim

zim Rebel Expert

Top Poster Of Month

Hey, sorry to hear about the troubles....suxs since it's a new truck and the fact they kept it in shop for so many days....hope it gets figured out and you can post the fix for us ....

Anyway, welcome and congrats on your purchase.....I'm sure it's probably a fuse they overlooked or something....

3. johnj

johnj Rebel Guru

My understanding is that there is a load manager somewhere in the truck's computer systems. Its job is to delay large power drains to prevent overload as the truck is starting up. Normally the blower is delayed a few seconds when the truck first starts. Maybe something there has gone haywire.

4. zim

zim Rebel Expert

Top Poster Of Month

Good point, so many computers/controllers on these newer vehicles its so difficult to keep track...

#4 zim, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  5. Formula

Formula Grasshopper

Interesting, I'll mention it to the dealer when they call. Thanks!

6. Formula

Formula Grasshopper

still not working as of now, I told the the service manage to try the bcm and look into the charging system/battery and he said that he would tell the mechanic to look at them. Someone on facebook said their 2015 did this and it was the bcm *crosses fingers!

7. zim

zim Rebel Expert

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks for keeping us posted....hoping the body control module fixes it....what do those things cost now any who?

8. Formula

Formula Grasshopper

I ended up calling chrysler customer service to see if they could expedite fixing the truck. I'll see if that helps at all, the customer service rep said that the dealership appeared to be going the correct route in fixing it (what they were replacing, opening a star case, etc..). He assigned a case manager to it and said they would call me tomorrow. Hopefully the tech replaced the bcm today and they will call tomorrow morning and say it's all good.

9. Formula

Formula Grasshopper

It looks like around $200.

10. zim

zim Rebel Expert

Top Poster Of Month

Not as bad as I thought....