Blower motor intermittantly not working

Discussion in 'RAM Rebel Problems and Issues' started by Formula, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Formula

Formula Grasshopper

It's looking like its the battery, they put it on a charger overnight and it worked fine this morning. They are going to keep it one more night just to make sure.

2. zim

zim Rebel Expert

Top Poster Of Month

Amazing. Electrical system so sensative to a weak battery....good to know that its always a good idea to go back to basics and start with/ at the battery.

3. Formula

Formula Grasshopper

and its broken again, I charged it overnight and still doesn't work (I also had autozone check the battery and alternator and they said both tested perfect). The service manager said that he doesn't know what could possibly be causing it but they will figure it out. Chrylser case is still open.

I videotaped it this time to send to the chrylser rep (its pretty boring lol, but at around 6 min the blower fan comes on)

4. zim

zim Rebel Expert

Top Poster Of Month

Sucks. Sorry to hear. Hopefully they will figure it all out soon!

5. ballenbc

ballenbc Junior Member

If charging the battery solved it temporarily then it may be a bad battery. I had my truck go dead 2 times early on, they tested the battery and it tested fine, but problem recurred after they had it overnight, put a new battery in and problem has never been back again.

6. Formula

Formula Grasshopper

after charging it the second time it didn't fix it, they pretty much have no idea what's wrong now. Chrysler said that they want to try to fix it one more time before swapping trucks out for me, so I'll give them another week or two.

7. ballenbc

ballenbc Junior Member

Before you swap trucks, make them swap the battery, my dealer said they have seen this before with some of their batteries. Thats why just swapped it no questions asked and then followed up to make sure it worked. My symptoms were a little different but it was a power supply issue as well. If not then I guess a new truck for you if they are willing to do that. Crazy that a small thing could cause such a large issue. Best of luck either way.

8. Formula

Formula Grasshopper

I got it back again last night (they said the re-calibrated the computers) and today the passenger rear air bag popped (at least I think it popped, it sounded like a gunshot and now the truck is leaning to that side in the rear). I should have kept my 2011 Ram.

9. ballenbc

ballenbc Junior Member

That really sucks. I suspect you are right. Get a new truck from them. You just got a lemon. Wouldn't blame you if you wanted a totally different truck.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

10. zim

zim Rebel Expert

Top Poster Of Month

I think it was very upfront and straightforward that they came to you and offered to swap out trucks. I think if it was me in your shoes, I wouldn't have given them another week.....id be like, here's the keys !!