I'm going to end up wrecking this thing

Discussion in 'RAM Rebel General Discussion' started by dodgestang, Dec 13, 2016.

1. dodgestang

dodgestang Junior Member

Thanks to the wonky dial shifter.

I drove a manual 3500 Dually for 8+ years.....so I'm 'used' to setting the parking park and jumping out.....normally I shut the truck off so I am half way out when the dash yelling at me the truck is still on catches my attention....but when I am doing things like....getting the mail, picking up trash cans....muscle memory is still kicking in.....come to a stop, push down the ebrake, get out.

The only saving grace here is I suppose that the ebrake actually does a good job since I just got the mail and loading three trash cans into the back of the truck, jump back in...and it was still in gear.

2. Outlaw

Outlaw Grasshopper

I know what you mean I can't used to the turn/park switch I always try to shut the truck of in reverse against a parking block or forward block.

3. zim

zim Rebel Expert

Top Poster Of Month

I hear ya, took me awhile to get used to mine. It's like a whole culture change.

4. MMA10mm

MMA10mm Grasshopper

I keep trying to turn up/down the radio with the shifter. They made them different colors, but they're still too close together. I'd rather have push buttons or make the knob a completely different shape...

5. zim

zim Rebel Expert

Top Poster Of Month

Lol, I've done that....well at least they didn't put a shifter on the dash, can you imagine how horrible that would have been...

6. brainless

brainless Grasshopper

The worse part is when I jump into the Grand Cherokee and reach for the nob. Or when reach for the shift level and push on the clutch pedal with my left foot.:eek:
    My gf laughs at me every time. o_O

7. zim

zim Rebel Expert

Top Poster Of Month

Oh yeah, dame here....so weird how we do thst and get adjusted or used to one thing

8. Furtrader

Furtrader Junior Member

This is my 1st auto ever, so now even after almost a year and a half, I still try to shut mine off in gear. I am constantly waving my right arm looking to shift or kicking the floor with my left foot

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. johnj

johnj Rebel Guru

Even worse is frequent switching between vehicles. One very old 4-on-the-floor (really a 3-speed with granny and a mystery reverse), one console auto with stick manual override, and the Rebel.

• Like Like x 2
  10. RebelWAC

RebelWAC Grasshopper

Hah..

I go through too many vehicle every day. Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin, Range Rover, Mercedes, jeeps etc. I jump in and it takes a few seconds to get back in that particular mode.

PS... They're not mine.