Whistle?

Discussion in 'RAM Rebel Problems and Issues' started by Dynamic, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Ram88

Ram88 Grasshopper

We have the same whistle. Had it in four times now still have the whistle. Will try removing the wipers tomorrow see if that's our problem as well.

2. SoCalRebel

SoCalRebel Junior Member

Mine is whistling from the drivers side now. Ugh....

3. mboftexas

mboftexas Grasshopper

I removed and replace door seal. No whistle till 80mph now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. oceyas

oceyas Grasshopper

some potential fixes from other ram forums:

• "took off the tire jack cover under the passenger seat. There I noticed a little bit of light shining through the floor... Well it seems that when I changed the tire last fall I forgot to screw in the bolt that secures the jack to the floor, and there is the threaded hole. It goes in and out the underside of the floor! well, got it put back in and now no whistle.... moral of the story, put back the stock jack bolt even when you do not keep the stock jack lol"
    • "Another source are the mirrors, my previous truck had a loud whistle at speed that drove me crazy. I isolated it to the drivers mirror by stuffing foam in the swivel joint space that made the noise go away. The dealer thought I was crazy until I took them for a drive and they replaced it under warranty."

5. Randy

Randy Grasshopper

I have the same whistle, took mine to the dealer who had it for 5 days. They thought it was the seal around the windshield, too, so re-did that as well as the door seal but the whistle remains. After 5 days I took my truck back home, the dealer said they have a call in to FCA for further advice/recommendations from them and they would get back to me as soon as they received direction. That was 2 weeks ago, still waiting...

6. SoCalRebel

SoCalRebel Junior Member

Everything I hear from people with this whistle, is not promising.

7. Randy

Randy Grasshopper

On the plus side, I just had a new Magnaflow installed so at least the deep growl from my muffler is more in my ears than the whistle :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. loveducks

loveducks Grasshopper

I have 2016 Rebel - noise at 85 mph and over. I retract my mirrors and the sound was gone. I was told it was the air coming over the new hood design and hitting the mirrors. Same mirror design I had on my Ram truck before- no noise.

9. SoCalRebel

SoCalRebel Junior Member

Now that the dealership has had my truck for so long, fixing a multitude of issues, they say the source of the whistle is the seal around the HVAC box, on the firewall. They removed my whole dash to fix it, and although I haven't driven the truck yet (because they've been unable to fix the suspension so they still have it), they say it's fixed. They claim they've done dozens of these when other dealerships couldn't fix the whistle. Just an FYI for those chasing it down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kblair85

Kblair85 Grasshopper

I have a 16 that whistles like crazy on the interstate as well. Literally have to have the radio cranked or my OCD kicks in and I want to run it off the road. I'll have my wife take it in as I'm currently deployed. I'll let y'all know what kind of story they end up giving me as well. This forum is awesome btw.