Whistle?

Discussion in 'RAM Rebel Problems and Issues' started by Dynamic, Aug 27, 2015.

1. johnj

johnj Rebel Guru

Wouldn't surprise me if some whistle is HVAC related. The ducts don't seem well designed for the amount of air the blower pushes through them. The blowers are very loud, the boxes and ducts tend to leak a bit underneath, and at highway speeds you're just adding extra air pressure to them.

2. Kblair85

Kblair85 Grasshopper

Makes sense... Is there a way to seal this off without having the dealer jack with it?

3. Furtrader

Furtrader Junior Member

Mine sounds like the drivers window isn't shut tight or has a bad seal at highway speeds

4. johnj

johnj Rebel Guru

might be but I don't know what it is.

5. jwar80

jwar80 Grasshopper

Hi All,

new to this forum. I just got my '15 rebel back from the dealer from having the wind noise addressed. I had it in the shop at least 7-8 times for the same issue. They taped off the gaps and thought it was pinpointed to the passenger side mirror - they replaced that. They also replaced the cowl. when that didn't work they resealed the windshield, but the wind whistle persisted. They finally found the source and had to reseal the havoc box. hopefully that takes care of the issue.

6. reveiled

reveiled Junior Member

You didn't try just removing the antenna?
    That solved my problem

7. jwar80

jwar80 Grasshopper

I did on my own.. If my issue was that simple I wouldn't have taken it back in, nor would researling the HVAC box have fixed it.

8. SoCalRebel

SoCalRebel Junior Member

Yep, just like I said on the previous page. My dealership said they fix this frequently, and it's always the HVAC box. Unfortunately, mine has started whistling again, so the fix only lasted a few months.

9. zim

zim Rebel Expert

Top Poster Of Month

You sure it's not a whistling cricket? Jimmie the whistling cricket went missing.

10. MrDazana

MrDazana Grasshopper

Hi all. I just wanted to add to this post as I too am stuck with the whistle noise coming from the passenger side vent. After many attempts I finally figured it out and I also figured out that most of us were mislead by the center console. Let me explain.

I run my hvac system on automatic and keep a certain temperature in the cab. The automatic will also close and open the recirculation door when needed. When the auto closes it, it will not indicate this on the console. If you disable the auto and goto manual while the recirc door was set to close by the automatic system, the cluster will still indicate the recirc is open (no light) but in fact its closed. software glitch I guess.

To properly verify if the noise is the recirc door, set your hvac to manual and set the fan speed to 2. Push the recirc button so the light comes on. Now go drive on a highway where you can at least reach speeds of 100km (60mph). once you hear the whistle noise, push the recirc button so the light comes off and the noise will go away.