Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my new Rebel... between city and highway I can’t get better then 13mpg. It’s supposed to be 17/21.

Normal or should I get something looked at ? Have a little over 1k in miles now

·
Registered
8 Posts
Normal. I don't think the mpg calculator is very accurate though. When i calculate it at the pump i get a little better. But on the dash its about 14 in town. 17 to 18 on the highway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Those MPG estimates should include the vehicle speed used. I’m assuming the Highway estimate uses 55 mph.

I averaged 17 mpg between Knoxville and Galveston, TX a few weeks ago. Then I averaged 15.3 mpg on the way back. These numbers are on par

the 33” tire

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry, touched the wrong button... I have been a GM truck driver and the Rebel is on par Mileage wise, and way ahead in ride quality and interior.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
197 Posts
It will always read **** in city, as idle speed, acceleration and idle time throw the estimates way off.
reset it once and floor it all the way till you hit 75mph. You’ll see what I mean.
Under hard acceleration you’ll get 2mpg, continuous cruise at 75 you should see 15-18mpg depending on wind, humidity, temperature, and fuel octane content.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love my new Rebel... between city and highway I can’t get better then 13mpg. It’s supposed to be 17/21.

Normal or should I get something looked at ? Have a little over 1k in miles now. I get 11 city 14.5 highway

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think the heavy 33” tire/wheels take their toll, as does the big front end. Personally I find it is a huge achievement to get the mileage the Rebel currently provides. My 6.2L GM trucks averaged 14 mpg and my 5.7L Rebel (std) is better. Filling the tanks on those 6.2L GM trucks was depressing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Even with towing once a week [7500 lbs or so] I get and average of 15-15.5 MPG. Currently since I am not traveling the highways as much it's down to 14.5. Typically I drive over an hour into Dallas and back daily. With the 75% highway miles the mileage is better of course. I am very happy with the mileage considering this truck is much higher than my sport, doesn't have the same aerodynamic front end as my '16 and is running the Duratracs over an AT tire. It's also faster than my '16 even though it has the same HP number.

Reactions: graham5david

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
197 Posts
The big 32 gallon gas tank is a must have, it creates the illusion it gets better milage because the guage goes down slower. 🤣
I just make sure to keep it above half a tank, hurts the wallet too much when you fill from empty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is the fuel gage size the same for the smaller fuel tank? I can practically watch my needle move, even with the 33 gal tank! No matter, it is a truck.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
197 Posts
Yes it’s the same size, just moves slower because you carry more gas lol.
imagine a truck with the 12 gallon neon tank.
that would be epically painful to watch that needle swing like it’s a backwards tach. 😂

1 - 14 of 14 Posts