Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening

I'm currently in the market for a new Rebel. It looks as though I will be waiting until after the new year to purchase a 2016 model, however I found a couple 2015s still on a few lots.

As far as I know there's nothing really different between the two years, but does anyone have any opinions on the two model years? There are some good deals on 2015 models, but I've been told a good rule of thumb would be to opt for the newer model because of any refinements made by the manufacturer (even though the Rebel was released halfway through the past year).

Thanks!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm pretty sure and i may be wrong, but, the year designation can be misleading, the 2015 and 2016 models are one and the same.
I've never been able to understand that you can buy a next year model as early as October, but, for resale you would always want the latest model you could afford.
if you have no desire to sell for a long time then the year designation won't mean so much.

I received $2k off the price of the 2016.

One upgrade may well be the new firmware for the uConnect that was a recall for many including me for my 2015 charger and caused me no end of hassle and led to me trading in.
End of the day you have to weigh up all the factors and if price is one then you may well find the 2015 model may be better priced.
Good luck in your search and i'm sure you won't regret which one you decide on

·
Registered
187 Posts
I believe the 2015s still have the 100000 mile power train warranty. That isn't available on The 2016 RAMs per my dealer anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
I believe the 2015s still have the 100000 mile power train warranty. That isn't available on The 2016 RAMs per my dealer anyway
I think mine is 60k for the power train

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah....go figure....kinda made me mad...dont ask why it just got under my skin, always less for more...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
One other thing, Ive noticed through reading (yes I know I am a posting junkie but it is because I STALK all of y'all :) ) the forums is that the 2015 owners appear (in my opinion) to have a few more bugs (as to be expected with a first run off most vehicles) than the 2016s

·
Registered
567 Posts
Good evening

I'm currently in the market for a new Rebel. It looks as though I will be waiting until after the new year to purchase a 2016 model, however I found a couple 2015s still on a few lots.

As far as I know there's nothing really different between the two years, but does anyone have any opinions on the two model years? There are some good deals on 2015 models, but I've been told a good rule of thumb would be to opt for the newer model because of any refinements made by the manufacturer (even though the Rebel was released halfway through the past year).

Thanks!
Wait a model year after any new model introduction is my personal guideline for exact reason you've been told. Any common problems have an opportunity to get resolved. Has served me well thus far!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a 2015. Its been fine knock on wood. It all comes down to money for me being that both trucks are really the same. I happen to get a better deal on the 2015 vs the 2016.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Duel zone climate control I heard wasn't available in 15' but an option in 16' for $100. Only other was led lights in the Ramboxes.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Yeah....go figure....kinda made me mad...dont ask why it just got under my skin, always less for more...
These things go up and down over time, based on how hard they're trying to sell vehicles. It's a tradeoff - extended warranty versus vehicle price. And you get to choose to extend the warranty by giving up some of the purchase savings. It's all part of the big price picture. Sometimes tough choices.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I went with the 3 yr. warranty but found out yesterday that I have up to 12 months to purchase an extended one. But to shop around as dealer price varies and there can be a deductible just the same as insurance which can effect cost. The manufacturer warranty are usually better than others too.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Usually the dealers just before closing will talk to you about Chrysler's extended warranty options and service plans. That gives you a chance to fold those into your closing price and financing if you wish.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I never stepped into that dealership, did all transactions over the phone. They never pushed a warranty or any add ons. Delivered the truck free all over 100 miles away. Very different expirience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts