Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I've been a Dodge guy forever and wanted a Rebel since the day they were released. Love the look of the truck more than any truck on the road. I've owned a 99, 01, 06 and now a 16. Needless to say, the Rebel is the nicest truck I've ever owned!
My truck came with a custom tri-fold 1 piece RAM tonneau cover, black nerf step bars, spray in bed liner, upgraded sound system, 2 sets of wheels (black and silver), air bag suspension and all the storage someone could need. I added the lifetime bumper to bumper MaxCare Chrysler warranty when I bought it as well as the 3M interior and exterior protection package and had the frame rust proofed.

I was wondering if anyone had installed a cold air intake into their Rebel and how difficult it was? I was looking at buying the one Dodge sells.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have not done anything to my Rebel yet. (just HID) i will not perform any modifications to this one. however i have installed intakes on all my previous rams. very easy. i like the molar intake and AFE intake. both are great systems

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Hey welcome and congrats! The rebel in all of us shines thru and thru.....
As for the CAI it's not very difficult to install simple hand tools and about 1/2 hr to 45 min of your time and you're set.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With K&N and some others, you have to oil the filter, correct? I've heard that can mess up the mass air flow sensor pretty badly. I was looking at the Air Raid dry filter CAI. Anyone have experience with that one? They cost about the same - $400 or so.
Thanks for the info Zim and NICE pic of the CAI on your Rebel, Transam!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello everyone,
I've been a Dodge guy forever and wanted a Rebel since the day they were released. Love the look of the truck more than any truck on the road. I've owned a 99, 01, 06 and now a 16. Needless to say, the Rebel is the nicest truck I've ever owned!
My truck came with a custom tri-fold 1 piece RAM tonneau cover, black nerf step bars, spray in bed liner, upgraded sound system, 2 sets of wheels (black and silver), air bag suspension and all the storage someone could need. I added the lifetime bumper to bumper MaxCare Chrysler warranty when I bought it as well as the 3M interior and exterior protection package and had the frame rust proofed.

I was wondering if anyone had installed a cold air intake into their Rebel and how difficult it was? I was looking at buying the one Dodge sells.
Looks like you also got some 'non-stock' fender flares with the deal. Nice lookin' truck. Welcome.

·
Registered
141 Posts
With K&N and some others, you have to oil the filter, correct? I've heard that can mess up the mass air flow sensor pretty badly. I was looking at the Air Raid dry filter CAI. Anyone have experience with that one? They cost about the same - $400 or so.
Thanks for the info Zim and NICE pic of the CAI on your Rebel, Transam!

The one I have is a dry filter , no oil required. And to correct myself it's called the BlackHawk not nighthawk.

Sent from my iPhone X Prototype using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure how you guys can like those "open" CAI...Id much rather have an enclosed box like the Mopar or S&B....The S&B I installed is a winner.

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hello everyone,

Hello Superfoozer! Welcome to the group.

I put in a K&N 63 series which i purchased at autoanything.com for a great price.
If you go with the factory intake you can also get the ram air hood insert to make the hood a functional ram air hood, but the two parts are not cheap.
Vehicle Engine Car Auto part Automotive super charger part

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.