Ram Rebel Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

Looking great! How's the tranny holding out too? The long headers fit okay? Total jelly on your performance mods but at least I have the TRX ignition button too...lol.
So far so good. Headers were a righteous pain in the ass. To say the drivers side is tight is a massive understatement. Ultimately it was worth it but one of the least enjoyable projects to do for sure lol. But she's a screaming demon now. Loud too lol. But if youre considering headers prepared yourself for pain lol
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior Bumper

Forehead Nose Lip Chin Eyebrow

·
Registered
2020 Ram Rebel 4X4
128 Posts
^^^ This! I remember doing a few headers back in the day too and was never much fun, so made me wonder how it was on the Ram. Glad to hear some things never change...lol. But great job!

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
^^^ This! I remember doing a few headers back in the day too and was never much fun, so made me wonder how it was on the Ram. Glad to hear some things never change...lol. But great job!
Thanks! I'm really happy with how she came out

·
Super Moderator
126 Posts
That thing is a beast!
Love it!

Reactions: Beyerd84

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Latest addition. Nothing crazy just some SuspensionMaxx sway bar links. Little beefier than the stock ones.
Automotive tire Electrical wiring Coil spring Coil Cable

Automotive tire Coil spring Automotive fuel system Bumper Gas

·
Registered
14 Posts
Day 1, picked her up last october, 29k miles at the time
View attachment 31694

First thing I did, LED lighting for the headlights, and Rough Country light bar mounted through the grill. Red RAM badge came next
View attachment 31695

out for some fun this winter, this is after I did the Plasti Dip on the badge, a few months of cold weather, its held up well
View attachment 31697

Raptor lined the skid plate, was actually very easy, taped everything off, Raptor liner is pretty forgiving to use, and has held up well so far, this is from May
View attachment 31698

And this is where we are at. This is with the Carli Suspension installed and new wheels and tires, after a short test drive. It needs an Alignment for sure, ended up with some negative camber on both sides and maybe some toe in on the drivers side, we have a good shop around here, so I'm gonna let that old man work his magic. I'll get some pictures of the suspension this week. Like I said above as of right now, it sits at just above the "Offroad" ride height, Carli advertises 2 inches in front, 1ish in rear, but this is based off a regular Ram 1500, like a sport, the Rebels are an inch higher already, so this kit wont get me much lift, there's still a slight rake, but I'll take another round of measurements after alignment and I'll post what I end up with. Shops booked til Friday so the wait continues. After all that, its on to the Whipple.
View attachment 31699
Love it!!

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
How much did the Whipple help?
Night and day. Even better since the headers. Things an animal now. No dyno numbers right now. Not sure if I ever will. But I'm loving it

21 - 30 of 30 Posts