Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I recently traded in my 2009 RAM sport for a 2016 Rebel. I have to say I loved my sport and really hesitated on getting the rebel due to obviously a higher payment and because I kind of wanted to wait for the redesigned model that's supposedly coming next year. With that being said I want to test drive the Rebel and just had to have it haha. It's an awesome truck and a big upgrade from my 09. So far I'm really happy with it. I've only done a few things to it including a truxx bed cover and 20% tint to all windows. I'm planning on putting a CAI and a cat back exhaust soon since I had that on my 09 and miss the sound but I'm not sure if it will void the warranty. Well I'm new to forums so I'm going to try to upload some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome!
Nice truck, I have the same color....I've never had a black vehicle, but man it looked so nice!
Coming from Fords, really impressed with the Rebel

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!
Nice truck, I have the same color....I've never had a black vehicle, but man it looked so nice!
Coming from Fords, really impressed with the Rebel
Thanks my last Ram was red it was a beautiful color but loved the black, looks like we have great taste haha. Yes Ford's are also great pick up trucks but you made a great choice switching to the Ram. Any upgrades in mind??

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hello everyone I recently traded in my 2009 RAM sport for a 2016 Rebel. I have to say I loved my sport and really hesitated on getting the rebel due to obviously a higher payment and because I kind of wanted to wait for the redesigned model that's supposedly coming next year. With that being said I want to test drive the Rebel and just had to have it haha. It's an awesome truck and a big upgrade from my 09. So far I'm really happy with it. I've only done a few things to it including a truxx bed cover and 20% tint to all windows. I'm planning on putting a CAI and a cat back exhaust soon since I had that on my 09 and miss the sound but I'm not sure if it will void the warranty. Well I'm new to forums so I'm going to try to upload some pictures.
Welcome to the site. I traded in an 09 Ram 1500 crew cab for my rebel and really hesitated but couldn't not get the Rebel myself. Have always had black trucks until now but loved the red and the white so went white.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any upgrades in mind??
One thing that I loved about the Rebel, is the tires and wheels/lift is the way I would have upgraded it, and thats stock, and under warranty. I'm sure the bug will hit me,aux lights and a cold air intake probably, maybe a bull bar....the front end is begging for aftermarket "bling"

Have a happy New Year, and enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the site. I traded in an 09 Ram 1500 crew cab for my rebel and really hesitated but couldn't not get the Rebel myself. Have always had black trucks until now but loved the red and the white so went white.
Yes that two tone white on black looks awesome good choice! One thing I've noticed is the black is much harder to keep clean compared to the red especially with these salty roads in Illinois

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One thing that I loved about the Rebel, is the tires and wheels/lift is the way I would have upgraded it, and thats stock, and under warranty. I'm sure the bug will hit me,aux lights and a cold air intake probably, maybe a bull bar....the front end is begging for aftermarket "bling"

Have a happy New Year, and enjoy your ride!
Yes I agree with you. I'm thinking of doing the CAI soon as well do you know If that voids the warranty?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
from what I understand, if you pony up the cash for the mopar CAI, there's no way they can void it
Yeah I heard the same thing and also heard that the dealer has to install it. Hoping that's not true because I can easily install that myself

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice truck, same color as mine.
I have the K&N CAI and spoke to the dealer about the warranty, their take is that the CAI must be directly to blame to void the warranty.
If the transmission blows then the intake is unlikely to be the cause

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice truck, same color as mine.
I have the K&N CAI and spoke to the dealer about the warranty, their take is that the CAI must be directly to blame to void the warranty.
If the transmission blows then the intake is unlikely to be the cause
Yes that would make sense. I had the K & N on my last Ram and liked it so I guess I'll go speak to my dealer and see what they say and go from there. Did you install it yourself?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not yet, but I will this week
I kept my old k&n and it looks like it will not fit on the 16 model so looks like I'll have to be purchasing a different one. I only took a quick look but I'll look further into it tomorrow

1 - 20 of 32 Posts