Ram Rebel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine must be way off, I’m getting between 18.6 and 19.4 driving to work long road not stop and go. I’ve gotten up to 20.2 2016 Rebel hemi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
He might be resetting the mpg calculator per tank???? I average 16.9 mpg according to my computer after 8-10 tanks of gas (mix of town and highway 40miles per day). If I reset it and drive around the highway mine will read closer to 20mpg.

·
Registered
27 Posts
He might be resetting the mpg calculator per tank???? I average 16.9 mpg according to my computer after 8-10 tanks of gas (mix of town and highway 40miles per day). If I reset it and drive around the highway mine will read closer to 20mpg.
If i put mobil gas i get 17.8 if i put anything else im around 17.2. But i never exceed 65mph i drive rural.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don’t reset it, unless I’m taking a long trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, just bought my 2016 Rebel(4WD/crew cab) with 72k miles on it about a month ago and I've noticed my gas mileage is TERRIBLE.

Bought it 2.5 hours away and took all interstate/highway back and I was averaging MAYBE 11-12mpg..
But now that I've been back home (smaller town) my gas mileage will fluctuate between 7-9mpg had I known it was gonna be so crappy I'd have kept driving my Magnum that only gets like 6!! Lol

I've tried resetting the meter to try and see if I could keep it up... But it'll slowly dip back down below 10... Then 8..

Anywho....warmer weather is rolling around so I'll be able to poke my head underneath and under the hood..

What all should I start with??
Have 90% "oil life" until next change is needed.
Fuel filter? Any air filters? Plugs?

Not riding on stock tires/rims either(that SHOULDNT make this big of a difference)

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Hell, she just got serviced the day I picked it up...says like 88% oil life left(until change)
Was debating on buying a new air intake eventually, for now I'll just change the filter.
I just picked my 2016 up today and drove it and hour and a half back home. I was getting 24 the whole way down.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
24! Do you have the 5.7 Hemi? My 2020 is getting around 15 now, although the engine is not really broken in yet (1,500 miles).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts