Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that their new Rebel pulls hard to the left to the point that the truck will change lanes instantly when accelerating hard, and then pull to the right when decelerating?

Plus the steering is very touchy when driving straight. I have to give it constant input with the steering wheel because I cannot find a sweet spot where it will go straight. It does not matter what speed or road I am on it is constantly drifting side to side. If I let go of the steering wheel, it will not turn one way or another, so there is no pull on the wheel.

I took it to the dealer and showed the tech what it was doing when I dropped it off, and the next day they said three techs could not get it to do it, and the alignment is good. I think they are full of crap.

I never had this issue with my 07 Ram that I owned for 9 years, and my Challenger also has the electric power powering steering pump, and it does not pull one way of another, even when rolling smoke off the rear tires.

FYI: The rebel is a 4X4 and has 3000 miles on it, and has done it since the day I picked it up. Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I accelerate hard from a stop or slow speeds I notice this. I just figured it was the extra hp over my old tired 06 1500 lol. Might have something to do with the 285s too, higher sidewalls cab wiggle more.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tire pressure maybe. Had a new truck at work that had two diffent sized tires on rear, drove terribly. Possible cause could be a jammed up limited slip keeping right axle fully engaged all the time. Clutch type will do it if you put too many plates in one side and too few in other. Would be crazy but who knows. Mine drives straight.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Tire pressure maybe. Had a new truck at work that had two diffent sized tires on rear, drove terribly. Possible cause could be a jammed up limited slip keeping right axle fully engaged all the time. Clutch type will do it if you put too many plates in one side and too few in other. Would be crazy but who knows. Mine drives straight.
Good point, check your tire pressure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2018 does the exact same thing. Doesn’t feel right at all. Dealership went over everything and said it was just the air suspension. I can see it but still I don’t think it should pulled to right after passing a car after acceleration like it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 2017 does it bad. It feels as though the rear end is moving or causing the truck to turn left on acceleration and right on deceleration. Haven't checked it out too much, but it feels as though the bushings in the rear upper or lower control arms are worn out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 2017 does it bad. It feels as though the rear end is moving or causing the truck to turn left on acceleration and right on deceleration. Haven't checked it out too much, but it feels as though the bushings in the rear upper or lower control arms are worn out.
I finally got under the rear of the truck and both left and right lower link bushings are bad i orders some from moes ill do an update after installed

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a new love for my 2017 rebel I just replaced the pan hard bar and rear lower links and WOW. When i get the upper bars replaced ill post again I need to fab a rear air ride link spud but I need to get adjustable links first

·
Registered
5 Posts
Surprise you didn't get much replies. I was going to suggest checking your rear control bushings one by one. Easy to do if you have a big breaker bar of course :) but doing so will allow you to check they're also torqued down within specs, you'll be taking down two birds with one stone.

2020-03-15_06-12-59 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

You have more choices as well it comes to rear control arms, asides from the the stock Mopar ones, you have Mevotechs which are a little more beffier than stock, Freedom offroad have relased a new line of rear control arms for the 4th gen 1500 with rubber bushings but better than stock and a lot beefier than stock, you have Core4x4 rear arms, and now the 2020 Jeep Gladiator has a bunch of arms that will fit the 4th gen RAM 1500. (We share those rear arms with the 2020 JT)

I've tried Mevotech, Freedom and currently Clayton rear arms (This are made for the 2020 JT, fit like a glove)

Rear Mevotech lowers vs Stock lowers
Untitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Mevotech rear uppers vs stock uppers

Then you have the Freedom offroad ones
2020-03-14_06-34-07 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Freedom offroad lower vs Mevotech lower
2020-03-15_06-10-48 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Freedom are beefier than the Mevotechs
2020-03-15_06-09-21 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

2020-03-15_06-09-04 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

2020-03-15_06-15-11 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Then you have Claytons for example
2020-03-25_01-42-51 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Beefier than Freedom and the bushings are flexy DDB's,lowers are 2x2 1/4" wall squared tubing , uppers are 1.5x1.5 1/8" squared wall tubing
2020-03-25_01-43-12 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Same thing with the rear trackbar, we have many options now
Here is stock, vs Bwoody vs Freedom Offroad for example.
the stocker rear TB is super weak. Get down there and grab it with you hand in the middle and try to shake it. You'll be surprised at what it does.

2020-03-15_06-15-27 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2018 does the exact same thing. Doesn’t feel right at all. Dealership went over everything and said it was just the air suspension. I can see it but still I don’t think it should pulled to right after passing a car after acceleration like it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey my 2018 does the same thing I had a 2014 big horn never had any issues like this. Thanks for info now I will go after dealership again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts