Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
If "4 Corner Auto Leveling Suspension" is the air ride discussed on here so often, I'd pass on that alone. Otherwise, looks good. Any warranty?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the interior pictures, it looks like it does have the air ride suspension. I found one in Dallas with a Lifetime Warranty, but I'm not sure if that warranty would be honored everywhere or just at their dealership. If it's only there that wouldn't do me much good, I'm 3 1/2 hrs from Dallas.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
If you like the truck, don't let me throw you off it. I don't have the air suspension on mine. I just see a lot of complaining about on this forum. You should probably look up some of those posts to help you decide.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, you're not throwing me off, after doing some research and reading some posts on here I'm not sure I want to go down that avenue. Maybe I'm lazy but I don't like having a vehicle in for service all the time or constantly having something go wrong with it. Especially when I can control it (at least somewhat) by buying something that doesn't have known problems.
I'm not ruling the Rebel out completely but I am leaning more towards a Warlock. I don't want to spend above $40K, and it looks like I can get into a pretty nice Warlock for less than that.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate all the help I can get.

·
Registered
129 Posts
People come to forums to complain, not talk about their great experiences.
If you visit any forum you're going to find a vocal minority complaining about all their problems.
I had one hiccup where I needed to get my air suspension reprogrammed because it was un-even
Other than that I've had 95,000 trouble free miles. Obviously the air suspension isn't perfect and adds another system that can fail but the Rebel is the better vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2017 Rebel with 40k miles and I live north of Boston. We are regularly below freezing in the winter and can go weeks in the 10-20F temps or lower. Not arctic, but not tropical by any means. Never had any trouble with the air suspension.
One thing I don't see mentioned is the ride quality of the air suspension. I have people get in the truck and they can't believe how good it rides. They expect the jarring ride of most other full size trucks.
Try taking an air truck and a standard truck down a rough road to check out the difference.
The self leveling you get is also a benefit. I had the bed full of bark mulch and couldn't unload it for 2 weeks. The ride was a little firmer but still smooth with no sagging in the rear. Other than that you wouldn't know you had a load in the bed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts