Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Read Only
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd start my build thread since the truck came in and I'll be picking it up on Monday. I ordered it back in August and they told me it would be about 24-26 weeks so I was a little surprised to get a email today saying it's in. This is what it will look like but with some changes/ mods.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats!

·
Read Only
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The truck had most of the options with the 5.7 Hemi, luxury package, skid plates, nav, 4x4, 3.92 gears, ram box, bed liner, trailer brake control, moon roof, 32 gallon tank, ram tonneau cover, alpine system and the keyless enter and go.

The mod list so far are Go Rhino RB10 steps, TRS Mopar HID low beam kit, Flowmaster American Thunder muffler, power folding tow mirrors, window tint, rough country 30" curved SR light bar in the bumper, rigid SRQ back up lights, ASV window vents, PIAA high beam bulbs and the floor storage locks.

·
Read Only
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I installed the Flowmaster American Thunder muffler and it was a little louder than I wanted so I took it back off. I had a 50 series before and didn't remember it being this loud.
Before
After

·
Read Only
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little update. I miss my F150 seats cause looking cool doesn't mean they're comfy. I had to take the head rest off and put the rear one on cause they put your head at a horrible angle. I'm not sure if it's the way the seat broke in or how they made it but the passenger side doesn't feel as bad so I'll have to ask the stealership when I go for the 1st oil change about it. So far the rest of the truck has been good. I have 4,600 miles on it already, I think this would be the last Ram I'd own just cause of the seats and the way they did the interior since they don't have the room the F150s give you. I'm waiting for it to get warm and stay warm to do the HID conversion since I don't want to mess with the plastic trim while it.s still cold out.

I got a Bedrug mat for the back and I was expecting it to be a little different but it's still nice to have.

·
Read Only
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd be okay if they designed for taller people. All these companies design for the Ewoks.
The F150 crew cab had great room even with car seats. The problem is they do an ok job if nothing is in the back seats. My wife had an outback and I had tons of room in the drivers seat until we added a car seat in the back, then it became cramped.

·
Read Only
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They should still be adjustable but don't know since I haven't driven a 13 Gen only my 12th Gen 2013 F150. If I knew what I do now even with how great the rebel is I probably would have stayed Ford just because of the interior. Driving the truck for 20,000 miles a year or 600hrs in the seat a year the interior should have been what I was looking at instead of the looks, air bags and ram box. I'm not sure if it's the truck or not being as active as I am in the warmer weather but my back is starting to hurt.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The one I tested was fixed, no adjustment. I didn't much like the way I fit in the Ford, anyway. I got around it in the Rebel by leaning the seat back slightly.

·
Read Only
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got her off road last weekend in Wharton State Park in NJ and found out she doesn't like any thing more than rumble in a road since the suspension isn't set up to handle any whoops. I broke the passenger side view mirror from branch hitting it when it was 25 degrees out so the plastic was a little brittle.

1-1/2-2' whoops on the one road.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.