1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If it's like the 2016s.. Not much

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You know what really erks me in that picture? They both have the black beveled headlamps.....

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Heheh. They probably installed those lights on this concept truck quite a while ago. Whether they'll be able to get the lights in production is another story.

AutoBlog's got some really nice pics in much higher resolution. From a lot more angles, too. Winch in the front bumper, 6.4 Hemi standard, no diesel option, different wheels, interior similar, manual shifting for transfer case/locks, and more.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That is indeed a nice truck but I can only imagine what the price would be, way more than what I spent on my Rebel. Oh well if the lottery commission deems me worthy of a jackpot I might invest in one but until then going to be driving my current truck for a very long time which isn't a bad thing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What a great looking truck. My only beef is that 6.4L V8. I've had two of those, and it is a thirsty pig of an engine. Cylinder deactivation? Maybe in sealed lab conditions. In the real world, my eco light never lit up. The truck needs either the 8-speed transmission or a diesel option.

I like that they're following GM's lead and making the Duratrac available from factory. A little noisy, but it's a great tire.

Nicely loaded 2016 PWs are currently just under $50k CDN, so figure 2% mark up from year to year, plus an extra markup due to dismal exchange rate; I'm guessing one of these with all the options will still hover around $50k CDN. Not bad. Will have to order one for the fleet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If I was to guess, I'd say minor trim differences. Maybe some new colour options. Maybe a tire change? Now that the PW is getting Duratracs, and have the seats to match, they may offer that in the Rebel? I wouldn't think there will be any major changes for 2017. If I recall from my last meeting with FCA fleet, 2018 is the big change year for Ram 1500.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If the power wagon looked like that and it didn't add that much to the price I am going to pay for the Rebel I would have considered the PW more. I love everything about the PW except the huge engine and bench seat. If I could get power buckets and the 5.7 HEMI I'd have gotten the PW for the off-road capabilities. I really don't need more than a 1/2 ton though.

I love that they made it look like the Rebel. Makes the Rebel look like the PW's not so little brother. Now if only they would trickle down some of the cool Power Wagon features like the winch option to our beloved Rebels.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
RAM REBEL BIG XL BROTHER....SEXY. THING HAS GOTTA BE LIKE 70K fully loaded tho!
Nah, a pretty loaded 2016 PW is only around $54,000. That's with sunroof, but no rambox and no tunneau, and a single 220A alternator. Most other options included. I just did a quick config on the ramtruck site. I can't see them bumping the price 17k. Winch and the cab lights in my config because they're aren't config options on the 2016.

I don't foresee Ram upping that price by $16k and selling any.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts