Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen the 2017 RAM Power Wagon. Here at Rebel headquarters we are split on the 'nose' of the Power Wagon. Some of us like it, while others scoff at the front end. The Rebel grill works, but the headlights sit so low that it brings back memories of the '99 RAMS. What say you?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
NTHSA requires headlights to be between 22" and 53" from the ground. When you put those big tires on the truck, and then lift it like it is, you've got some hard limits on where you can put headlights. If you want higher looking lights, you've got to lower the truck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
how many differences are there between the Rebel and the Power Wagon?
Alot... for starters it has lockable front and rear differentials. Electronically detachable swaybar. Solid front and rear axles. This truck is bad ass. Can't wait till it comes out.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Differences: frame, suspension, springs, steering, axles, engine, tranny, transfer case, differentials, hubs, brakes, wheels, and some body parts, basically the entire front. Then there's the towing, hauling, handling, and ride. Everything else is the same.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Too bad the frame is different or I'd be looking to swap for the winch.

Maybe I'll just have to check them out this fall when they become available. There are so many things on the Power Wagon that I want on the Rebel. I just don't need that size of truck though.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I really like the bumper on this one. Seems like its the perfect fit for a Rebel too.
I agree with you, too. I think the blend of contours in that bumper are good looking, and they add to the overall image.

As I said in another thread, these very angular bumpers with sharp edges sometimes don't look good on a sleeker truck like the Rebel. The Reb is sleek, curvy, aggressive, and pretty powerful. Add a bumper with a bunch of odd angles and sharp edges and weird proportions, and you've disrupted that image. Even though the same bumper might look great on other trucks.

I'll go further and say some of the aftermarket items look like Mad Max props. If you haven't noticed, a lot of them are constructed by laying steel plate together and welding it at certain angles, grinding off the sharp edges, and painting it. There's no contouring work or shaping, other than just basic sheet cutting and welding. That's cheaper and easier to produce. Doesn't mean it looks good on every truck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm confused,
even while I believe the rebel is plenty enough offroad truck as is for me and most people, but wouldn't it make sense to have all these (locking dif, disconnecting bars) on a smaller truck (the rebel) vs the powerwagon?

If a wrangler, tacoma can have all these options, why skip the rebel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen the 2017 RAM Power Wagon. Here at Rebel headquarters we are split on the 'nose' of the Power Wagon. Some of us like it, while others scoff at the front end. The Rebel grill works, but the headlights sit so low that it brings back memories of the '99 RAMS. What say you?
Awesome !!!

·
Banned
248 Posts
Now all they need to do is put that bumper on the rebel in black with the winch set up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts