Ram Rebel Forum banner

2017 rebel - BDS 6in coilovers

11K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  herovoice7 
#1 ·
I replaced the air ride with the BDS kit, if you have any questions
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

See less See more
#14 ·
Hi, these are 20 on 35s, so this is what my daily driver look likes, for the swap, the 6inch kit is ajustable, its ajusted to 6 inch factory default, but you can set it to 4in on the coil, and buy the 3in rear lift for an overall 4 inch. you would be able to fit 35s

#12 ·
there is a guy that fit 35"s on his rebel by putting it on off-road mode and pulling the fuse out of the air suspension.
i dont want to do that. i know you can fit 35"s on the BDS 4" lift for the air suspension but i want to do the
swap to coil overs and i havent found anything but the 6" coil over kit for what i want. i really dont want to lift my rebel that high tho.
if i can find a 4" coil over kit ill be happy to do that.

#22 ·
I'm gonna try and replicate your issue here in a moment if got my obd reader in the truck I'm just in a tire shop right now, but off the top of my head here are some things to try if your not doing them already
First make sure your ignition is in the run position but the truck isn't actually running also when connecting to your bluetooth reader make sure you connect to it threw the computer first then alfaobd and last when trying to connect to the bcm you may have last years model in there like mines a 2017 but it comes up as a 2016 so try connecting to a different year doesn't hurt but if it's none of those thing leave a post walking me threw on how your trying to connect and I can go from there

#23 ·
Text Font Technology Electronic device Screenshot
Text Product Font Technology Electronic device
Text Font Technology Electronic device Screenshot
Text Product Font Technology Electronic device
I plug the OBDLink mx in and open my Bluetooth connections. Press button on reader and connect it. Put truck into run not running then start OBDWiz and connect. Then start alfaobd. It’s not showing me an option to select a year. It looks like it’s conncting to my2012

#25 ·
Connect to the bcm not suspension it should be my powernet 2016/2017 once in the bcm your gonna select car configuration change or something along those lines then once your there your gonna wanna select P/T Chassis Net-ASCM Air Suspension Control Module and disable it

#28 ·
OP sorry about hijacking thread. Vshni- apparently WiFi and Bluetooth were competing for same IP address so I reconfigured the WiFi and in doing so got disconnected from obdwiz. When that happened it auto connected to alfaobd. Very strange but the air ride is now disabled so I’m happy. Thanks for your input it’s appreciated

#37 ·
I replaced the air ride with the BDS kit, if you have any questions View attachment 27613
hi,looks great on the truck! My is 2018 rebel with air ride, I do the 4inchi bds air ride lift kit about one year! Too tired to fight with air ride trouble,need to converse coilover as well! Do you think since I have bds 4inchi components on the truck,maybe I just buy the front coilover and rear spring? If i want keep 4inchi just adjust front coilover down to 4inchi,rear spring 3inchi? But how about I just thought there 6inchi coilover on the front, 5inchi rear spring in the back?

#38 ·
The knuckles and drop brackets should be the same as the 6” coilover kit. You can buy the fox 2.5 coilovers that are adjustable from 4”-6” of lift. I would compare components with the 2 kits to verify but short answer is yes you should be able to just swap in coilovers in the front and get lift springs or stock springs and spacers for the rear end. Hope that helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.