Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ll try to make the story short and get to the question

A week or so ago the wife was in a accident with the rebel. Ended up needing 2 wheels and 2 tires out of it (and a mess of body work). Come to find out the stock wheels are $675 a piece from Chrysler and unobtainable at the moment. So I took the insurance money and looked aftermarket. I found a set of Mayhem Warriors that have the blue accent to match the truck, however the 17x9 +18 are also out of stock with no delivery date.

So needing to do something to get ole blue back on the road I decided to go 18x9 +18. I don’t believe these will cause me any issue.

However tires!! I have been through the forums and it seems that there are different philosophies on what the largest you can go is. As we all know the Rebels used to come stock with 285/70R17 Toyo Open County’s.

I planned to go with 295/70R17 but with having to upsize to 18” wheels I figured 295/70R18 would be a suitable match. However upon getting them they appeared quite larger than stock (with 52000m). So I figured the math out. 295/70r17’s are 33.3x11.6, where the 295/70r18 are 34.3x11.6

So the question is. Any idea how much rub I’m in for?

·
Registered
192 Posts
You gotta order the level links or make them and you shouldn't have much rub if any........ I put 35'sx20" with -24 offset and only rub at full turn on the inside fender where the pinch weld is...... It's tight but I'd rather see the bigger tire in there

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts