Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 years and 67,500 miles the Toyo Open Country AT2's (285-70 R17's... I think) that came with my Rebel are done.

I want to go up to 305-70's and I'm leaning towards the Nitto Ridge Grapplers... anyone have any bad experiences with them or have anything they like better?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Those Nittos are great tires. Can't go wrong there. I had a FJ Cruiser that I fitted out with the Goodyear MT/R's with Kevlar. That was really an offroad tire though - but tough as nails.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After 3 years and 67,500 miles the Toyo Open Country AT2's (285-70 R17's... I think) that came with my Rebel are done.

I want to go up to 305-70's and I'm leaning towards the Nitto Ridge Grapplers... anyone have any bad experiences with them or have anything they like better?
I have a set of 35in toyo r/t tires and love them. Super quiet and they look pretty cool. Expensive but worth it in my opinion

·
Registered
2017 Ram Rebel
3 Posts

Ha! Are we twins? Just changing mine as well - 3 years and 65k miles. Following to see what other's have to input.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL... I had an FJ with General Grabber AT2's... those were great tires for that vehicle. Rarely needed 4wd.

This guy though... the ass end is so light. They really should have pushed the drivetrain back a few inches to try to make the center of weight a bit further back.

USMC Rebel, I like those RT's... how many miles do you have on them / how are the holding up for you?

I think I'm stuck between the Nitto's and the RT's now. Thanks for making this harder, lol.

Also, wait...... new thread.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nevemind.. .already had a thread on it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Screw it... going with the Nitto's. 5 days longer to get the Toyo's and I've got one that won't hold air and am tired of filling it, lol.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I saw a thread the other day with someone praising Cooper STT (I think it's STT - definitely Cooper). Several glowing reviews of these tires on some offroad websites too. Just Google the tire. Lighter in weight, strong due to unique construction - sounded great. I've never had a set though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts