Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just purchased my very first Rebel. (also my very first Dodge/Ram). I had a 2006 Ford F150 prior, but unfortunately totaled it due to some black ice on the roads. I had an SCT X4 tuner with 5 Star Custom Tunes on it. They were able to write up the tunes and email them over to me to install on the tuner. I have been searching the web to find another company that could write me a 91 performance tune for my new Rebel but I am having no luck. Could this just be due to the vehicle being so new? or are the newer vehicles unable to be tuned in the same way (ie more sophisticated technology) seeing as the tuner was for an 11 year old vehicle lol.

Thanks in advance for the help. Below are some pics just for fun to keep the post interesting.

Gyazo - 0f8bf012fb9c70d5d7d97fc6d7232a86.jpg
Gyazo - 002e8becbdcc800d224381024d63c0ce.jpg
Gyazo - 6f3a4a576fb4b7a6044f21e494c7014c.jpg
Gyazo - a460e84c254a813647052d9d7f2b5361.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Check out Hemifever tuning, but you're unfortunately going to have to wait on the 2017...Still haven't cracked the code yet. You'll also have to purchase an unlocked ECU and swap out the stock one. Pros and cons to this:

Pro - it's a 15 min swap, and now there will be no trace of tuning when you go in for service or warranty claims. You swap back to your original ECU and don't have to worry about them flashing over a tune or going back to stock or anything like that.

Cons - it's extra cost (I think about $600) and the factory PCM mileage won't match the odometer, although I've been reading that no one really checks that and you can always have it flashed at some point to match.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah that's quite a bit more than I was looking to spend, especially since I had already spent the money on this SCT. I did try reaching out to HemiFever a couple times. They will not respond to my emails and or any of my phone calls, I thought they maybe went out of business.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ah that's quite a bit more than I was looking to spend, especially since I had already spent the money on this SCT. I did try reaching out to HemiFever a couple times. They will not respond to my emails and or any of my phone calls, I thought they maybe went out of business.
Really? That's odd. Sean is usually very responsive. I just emailed him 2-3 weeks ago and he got back to me within like 24 hours.

I feel the same way about the cost but Ram started encrypting the system so it was probably a more cost effective option than spending the time trying to crack the encryption. I spent the $$ on the intune as well and was not happy to find out if I do end up trading in for a Rebel that I'd have to spend more money to tune it. It's honestly part of my hold up from trading in my Sport besides the dealer being too firm on his price haha.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Well heck....no piggy back options? I suppose an unlocked spare pcm is better than nothing....especially if you're trying to hid a tune and keep the warranty valid. Looks like I may have to put my supercharger upgrade on the back burner for a bit longer....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.