Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an aftermarket tri-fold locking bed cover for my rebel. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack for a bed with the ram boxes. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
'Most' Rams that come with the boxes I thought were called 'the cargo management system' and comes with a cover? Was yours stolen or did it just come with one?

The bed is an much different with the boxes so you may be stuck with buying a mopar one.

The stock one is a tri-fold and can be locked but like all soft things.....it can still be sliced open.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'Most' Rams that come with the boxes I thought were called 'the cargo management system' and comes with a cover? Was yours stolen or did it just come with one?

The bed is an much different with the boxes so you may be stuck with buying a mopar one.

The stock one is a tri-fold and can be locked but like all soft things.....it can still be sliced open.
It was an extra 500 for the soft mopar one but it didn't lock. The dealership offered another hard plastic trifold one that locked but it was 1600 bucks. I'm trying to be around 500 bucks for a locking one.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Look closer.

Both the tail gate locks on the truck and the bed cover has the ability for you to put a lock on it so it can not be removed/opened. You add small pad style locks to the lever bars that hold it to the bed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looking for an aftermarket tri-fold locking bed cover for my rebel. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack for a bed with the ram boxes. Can anyone help? Thanks! View attachment 7505

If you are looking for a good reliable cover that sits flush with the bed of the truck, I highly recommend BakFlip. They make covers for Ram trucks with the RamBox.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you are looking for a good reliable cover that sits flush with the bed of the truck, I highly recommend BakFlip. They make covers for Ram trucks with the RamBox.
I purchased the Bakflip tri fold matte black cover when they first started producing them in May 2016. Awesome product. Easy to install. Looks sharp and clean lines. Latches closed easily. Can open and close the tailgate without worrying about the cover. Needed to add a weatherstrip between the ram box edge and tailgate to completely seal it closed.

One issue I did have.....the latch bar on the inner most fold, closest to the bulkhead, separated at the pop rivets. That's the least used latch since my cover is closed 90% of the time. When I called Bakflip they said they would send me a new latch bar and that I needed to pay an installer to have it done properly. Lame warranty and customer service. This happened within 2 months of installation. So I gave it to my custom shop and he said he has had some poor warranty issues with Bakflip.

So for the look and quality I'm 95% onboard. For customer service and warranty.....they get an F in my grade book.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Extang makes one for the Ram Box that costs around $900 that is a Tri fold. I have purchased 2 of the Extang Covers for my previous trucks and have loved them. The covers have been exactly what I wanted and the company's customer service is awesome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchased the Bakflip Fibermax (BAK-126207RB) for $843. They matched the walmart quoted price which was the best I found. All of the bakflip covers except the MX4 requires you to open the tailgate to close. I didnt think this would be a big deal but sometimes it is.

The fit is perfect. I'll try and get pictures if you like to see it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.