Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I am new to the Ram brand and am going to purchase a new Rebel here in the next few months. I had one salesman mention that ordering for '18 models of Ram 1500's is generally "late-summer", but that's somewhat vague. When does Ram usually announce any model year changes and ordering begins? Or is it not that predictable and a bit scattered on timing each year?

Basically I'm just trying to establish whether I should hop on available inventory here soon or spec-order a new '18 to my liking, but I'm not wanting to wait as long as October/November.

Any insight is much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
hi and welcome. you have decided to purchase a great truck that is awesome and very stylish for what a truck should look like. In my opinion Ram trucks are number 1. I had owned a ford truck for years, and will never buy another. generally the new model year comes out in October and tend to cost a few bucks more as the previous year. Stealerships tend to give discounts on current year models to clear the lot so you may save a few bucks waiting and purchase a 2017 in October/ November. But if your like me, you can't wait, and I had to have one now....loving every minute of it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ordered my 17 in august but ram didn't have the website updated till September.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, this is helpful...so it sounds like it may be as early as August. So the dealer just had you select your options and placed your order? When did you take delivery on an August order?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts