Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie here and am just over two weeks away from buying my 1st Rebel. I'm recently retired and have to buy a vehicle for myself for the 1st time in over 20 years. I'm going with white and like the ramboxes but not a deal breaker. I was told the 1st run on the 2019 Rebels started April 9th. They will come with only 1 interior (black with the red trim). More trim and options (ramboxes) will be included after they start the run up again in the 3rd quarter. I was told the 2nd quarter will be used to concentrate on the new Rubicon for the summer months? I like the front end look to the 2019. Also curious as to the 3 + inches added in the cabin. I've recently seen the big discounts going on the 2018's. My question to all of you owners is.. Do you think it's worth it to wait another month or so for the 19's and get a truck with mostly what I want or pull the trigger on the 18 with a big discount and everything I want? My other option is the GM family plan and a 1500 Sierra Denali. The Rebel is my favorite just don't know what year to go with.

How is the dial shifter? Does it take long to get used to it?

Thanks for your input.

Dj

·
Registered
136 Posts
I personally like the dial shifter. Did not take long for me to get use to it. As far as going with an 18 or 19, I like the 18's. Too scared to go with the first run of the 5th gen. Could be some bugs that need to be worked out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I personally really like the dial shifter....doesn't take too long to get used to at all. This is my 3rd truck with one. I had a 2014 Durango V6 for work that introduced me to it...a personal 2014 Durango R/T that had it...and now my Rebel. The Durango's was on the console and not on the dash though...but still. Its out of the way and easy to work.

If I was going to wait until the 2019 model year...I'd wait and get a Hemi with the eTorque electric assist on the engine, which is a later 2019 entry for the Hemi's...if I recall. This is my personal opinion though.

My 2017 Rebel came with the all black interior but I wouldn't have had a problem if it had the red lined interior. Still sharp. Its personal preference though.

The Rebel rides beautifully...and either year would be a great buy...especially with the deals on the 2018's. Wait until the end of the month if you're dealership needs sales quotas.

The issues with the GM's (from what I've read) is the transmission...clunky. The 8 speed/Hemi combo is silky smooth.

I know my post doesn't specifically say BUY NOW or WAIT for a 2019...! Sorry...it all comes down to personal preference.

One more thing....if you're not going to use the truck bed alot...or for larger stuff...get a Rambox. You won't be disappointed. I keep a ton of stuff in there that would have been in the cab or back seat. Now its out of the way...easily accessible and secure. The Rambox was number 1 on my list of Wants when I got my Rebel.

Good luck with your choice!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Since this is my 1st automatic after 24 years of driving, the hardest part of the dial shifter is not kicking the floor and reaching for the stick

·
Registered
120 Posts
The only reason I would like a 19 is to get the hybrid system. If it works as advertised it would make a nice truck. A hundred plus additional foot-pounds of torque would be very nice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
2019. For lockers and delete air ride.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Funny thing... after fighting with my air ride issues for the last 10 months, family decided we'r trading up to a 2019 Rebel. Ordered it last night.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
It's good to be you
Men wanna be you and women want to be with you. And rebels are your buddies.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What issues were you having with the air ride suspension?
You can search Google or any Rebel forum for all the Air ride cold weather issues. But the simple answer is the air ride is defective in conditions colder than -10°c. It's not something that happens over night, most owners are hit with their first compressor replacemen right around end of warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts