Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Here's the plan for my build, but before the list, I'll post what options that I have:

1. 8.7" screen without Nav
2. Did NOT get the air shocks (knowing I'm lifting it)
3. Towing kit

Here's the build list (As close to the TRX concept as possible):

* Either BDS or King lift kit (Not sure which height is needed to fit the 37 x 13.50 toyo M/Ts yet
* Mopar 18" Beadlock wheels
* Toyo Open Country M/T 37 x 13.50 tires
* Full Focal stock radio integration stereo system with Jl Slash Amps and custom 10" sub enclosure (JL 10W7)
* Tint all around
* Magnaflow exhaust
*Air intake (Not sure which brand, as I'm still waiting for product releases)
* Whipple twin screw supercharger kit
* Wide body kit to house the 13.50 wheels properly (waiting for more product releases for brand)
* More as the opportunities present themselves...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have any inside news on when BDS or KING will come out with a long travel suspension kit???

·
Registered
258 Posts
Long Travel Kit | DK-541908-H
Long Travel Spec Coilovers | DK-541908-KSS
Rear Long Travel | DK-541807
$9500 in suspension, plus rear shocks, and you are basically at the suspension level of the trx.
Another $4000 in wheels and tires, $10,000 for the Whipple(no need for a new intake, comes with supercharger kit), $400 in exhaust, $3k in fenders after paint minimum. You'll be closer to $30k than $20k. Right at the price of a similarly equipped raptor, more power, more suspension, and more wheel and tire. I say go for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ZachandAndy, Thank you SO MUCH for posting those parts links. I appreciate that! I actually am working with King and Dirt King Fabrication to duplicate the suspension of the TRX. They just don't have the 2019 Rebel design complete yet. They are hoping within the next couple of months. However, those links you posted are EXACTLY what I'm looking for. So, thanks again!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys,

Here's the plan for my build, but before the list, I'll post what options that I have:

1. 8.7" screen without Nav
2. Did NOT get the air shocks (knowing I'm lifting it)
3. Towing kit

Here's the build list (As close to the TRX concept as possible):

• Either BDS or King lift kit (Not sure which height is needed to fit the 37 x 13.50 toyo M/Ts yet
  • Mopar 18" Beadlock wheels
  • Toyo Open Country M/T 37 x 13.50 tires
  • Full Focal stock radio integration stereo system with Jl Slash Amps and custom 10" sub enclosure (JL 10W7)
  • Tint all around
  • Magnaflow exhaust
*Air intake (Not sure which brand, as I'm still waiting for product releases)
  • Whipple twin screw supercharger kit
  • Wide body kit to house the 13.50 wheels properly (waiting for more product releases for brand)
  • More as the opportunities present themselves...
My 2019 out the show room Marcg to the shop May and June. First made BDS 6 inch lift with front wheel spacer and fix shocks. Off road running boards not city stuff, addictive winch and light configuration front, ABS on board installed air out back bumper. Lights and air running on Trigger wireless set up. Did not need 35 tires the 6 inch shows and had clearance. I showed the truck at Tacoma Wa off road show, got 17k not been Washington, Oregon a d Idaho in it.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
If you're working with King on their new suspension, does that mean your truck will be fitted out for FREE as their test vehicle? If so, I'd jump on that deal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you're working with King on their new suspension, does that mean your truck will be fitted out for FREE as their test vehicle? If so, I'd jump on that deal.
I'd jump on that deal too. I am building out a 5th gen rebel that will be taken to many shows and expos. I'd love to use my rebel as a test lab for King!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Rynob, if you're set on 37" tires, I believe you'll have to go at least 6" on lift. You probably know that though. ;)
I’m actually curious where people are getting rubbing when they go with bigger tires and not enough lift. I’ve modified many other makes and models to accommodate larger tires than the lift would allow. I did see someone had a 4” BDS with lift links as well (air suspension) and they were running 37s with no issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’m actually curious where people are getting rubbing when they go with bigger tires and not enough lift. I’ve modified many other makes and models to accommodate larger tires than the lift would allow. I did see someone had a 4” BDS with lift links as well (air suspension) and they were running 37s with no issue.
Wheel offset and backspacing also becomes very important.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Rubbing, if it occurs, is usually at full turn. When I get my wheels installed, I'll have a -18 offset & 4.59" backspace. I'll go with either a 34 or 35 when I change tires. This is with a 3" lift (if it ever gets shipped). So I'm not expecting any problems.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Rubbing, if it occurs, is usually at full turn. When I get my wheels installed, I'll have a -18 offset & 4.59" backspace. I'll go with either a 34 or 35 when I change tires. This is with a 3" lift (if it ever gets shipped). So I'm not expecting any problems.
Yeah, I am wondering specifically the part it will rub on. The reason for curiousity is I have done a lot of work for Toyota guys making pretty simple modifications to allow for larger tires with minimal lift. I have also done my fair share of modifications on jeeps to stuff bigger tires in with a lower lift. Just curious if there is a product or service to offer to the ram community that could easily fix the problem. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I try not to open the posts which are ads, but the Aurora Cream from Canada just got me. :cautious:

I'm a former Toyota guy too. 2010 FJ, which I modded heavily, including a 2.5" ICON coilover lift. Been to the Summit at Ouray and Cruise Moab. What I saw from some of the guys I wheeled with was the rub would occur on the lower, cab side of the wheel well. It would necessitate trimming, sometimes including part of the metal on the vehicle's body on that lower corner. I saw it as a function of trying to put too big of a tire into too small of a hole (the wheel well). So I guess there is no magic mod to my knowledge. Maybe just have the discipline to accept a one size smaller tire than you'd like. Or get out the saw?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I try not to open the posts which are ads, but the Aurora Cream from Canada just got me. :cautious:

I'm a former Toyota guy too. 2010 FJ, which I modded heavily, including a 2.5" ICON coilover lift. Been to the Summit at Ouray and Cruise Moab. What I saw from some of the guys I wheeled with was the rub would occur on the lower, cab side of the wheel well. It would necessitate trimming, sometimes including part of the metal on the vehicle's body on that lower corner. I saw it as a function of trying to put too big of a tire into too small of a hole (the wheel well). So I guess there is no magic mod to my knowledge. Maybe just have the discipline to accept a one size smaller tire than you'd like. Or get out the saw?
I'm not opposed to 35s but I like to be a little different (not that 37s are different anymore) and I always like to put the biggest tire possible with the lowest lift possible and still make everything work. I had a cherokee years ago on a 3" lift with 35s and it worked amazing. At that time everyone said the biggest tire you could run was a 33 with that lift. I did have to do some minor trimming and massaging but got it set to be able to turn the wheel at full stuff with no rubbing.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Obviously you can run 37s with the Rebel - a lot of guys on here are doing so. So yeah, with a little massaging, if necessary, it's not a problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts