Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ram Rebel 5.7L Hemi
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on my fifth Ram, the other four have all been Laramies. Decided to try something different this time and go with a 2019 Ram Rebel. The issue I have been running into is the headlamps are SO bright that people flash their headlamps at me at night assuming I have my high beams on. They're truly blinding. I've noticed this general trend as vehicles convert to the brighter LEDs, etc. but I hate being the vehicle on the road blinding people. I realize I'm probably one of the few worried about it but can I dim them down somehow or replace them with bulbs that don't burn out oncoming vehicle driver's retinas? Thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did you have the vehicle leveled or lifted? Chances are your headlights are probably just aimed too high and are shining right in people's faces. I'd double check they are aimed properly before you change the bulbs.

·
Registered
2019 Ram Rebel 5.7L Hemi
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you have the vehicle leveled or lifted? Chances are your headlights are probably just aimed too high and are shining right in people's faces. I'd double check they are aimed properly before you change the bulbs.
No I haven't. Other than the lift kit that comes from the factory. I have wondered though why the front tires have to be 10psi higher than the back - I don't now if that has anything to do with it and assume that has to do with something for the factory lift kit or for off roading, when going down steep hills? Do you know if it has to be kept that way when you never go off-roading?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Front Tires need 10 psi more than the rear because most of the truck's weight is in the front.

What factory lift kit are you talking about? Are you referring to the adjustable settings on the air suspension?

·
Registered
18 Posts
As far as the bright light issue, if your truck is still under warranty have your dealership check to see if the headlights are aimed properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Front Tires need 10 psi more than the rear because most of the truck's weight is in the front.

What factory lift kit are you talking about? Are you referring to the adjustable settings on the air suspension?
The Rebel comes with a 1” factory lift and the 33’s bump it up to 2”.

·
Registered
2019 Ram Rebel 5.7L Hemi
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I guess - why does the Ram Rebel need the extra 10psi up front - but my other 4 Ram Laramies didn't? Same engine. It seems like it would be related to the truck going off-road and going down steeper hills and the steep hill assist? I don't know - the chances of my ever doing that are slim to none barring me sliding off a road!

·
Registered
2019 Ram Rebel 5.7L Hemi
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FYI for anyone coming back to this thread - I took the truck to the dealership and it turned out the headlights were aimed straight into oncoming driver's eyes. They adjusted them 3 inches down and now I don't have angry driver's making awful gestures to me - at least for that issue!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts