Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2016 F-150 2.7 getting 19mpg. Its a nice truck but not as mean looking as the rebel. I'm near close to putting in a custom order at the dealer, hopefully today but the MPG is stunning me. yes I've searched google, I can't type mpg in the search in the forums it errors saying too few characters, and I tried searching gas mileage without any luck.

Does the rebel really only get 14 to 16mpg? If I were to swap the tires with the same tires as the laramie would mpg improve? I'm trying to understand the consequence of mpg by purchasing the rebel vs laramie.

I hate the painted bumpers on the laramie, as I know they will get pits and scratches from road debris, and love the look of the Rebel. On the other hand I love the cooled seats in the Laramie Sport, and the cruise control assist. I hear the Laramie gets about 20mpg real world?

I plan to get the etorque to help things out but please share your experience?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I can't find any info but does anyone have info for any reason I should wait for 2020 Rebel? I know the TRX is coming out but I imagine that is going to be very very expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I am sad to report I am getting about 14 MPG Computer says 15.2 mostly highway. with only 2500 miles on the ODO. HOPING to get better after my first oil change or so. I do not jack rabbit this truck or hot rod it. Very disappointed to say the least. Coming out of a 2017 Titan 2WD that got almost 20 same driving habits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Granted I only have 102 miles on mine I was thinking the same thing. Why the hell am I getting 13.5 mpg and I’m babying this thing. Setting the cruise at 55 for my 20 mile highway commute. I’m sure it will get better with time but also I’m sure you guys know to use 87 or better octane fuel. Says in the manual could cause lower mpgs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lower than 87?
Never seen anything lower than 87 around Atlanta and the east of the Mississippi come to think about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did your mileage improve? I have 20,000 miles on my 2019 now and its average per the computer is 15.4 mpg I do the math when I fill up and it's 15.2 to 16.0 A far cry from what the sticker said. EPA I think was 19 combined. ( this is the E-torque version as well )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts