Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'20,Quad Cab, 5.7L,Max Steel/2-Tone,Rebel 12/Lvl2,Air,BUG,Safety/Conv,Retrax Pro
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to understand the difference between them. A few specific questions:

1. When in 4WD Hi, is the split always 50/50 front to rear?

2. Is there any difference of power distribution between 4WD Hi and Low, or is the only difference between them the gearing? Tried to find some real specs on the RAM 4WD system but other than a high level "provides added traction..." I don't see anything that provides the details on how 4WD Low provides added traction over 4WD Hi... thinking it doesn't, it only provides more torque - is that correct?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. Pretty sure it's 50/50 in power, but I'm not sure if that's the case where you have one wheel spinning at one end, and both wheels turning on the other end.

2. I'm not sure if I can answer your question in regards to the difference in power, but in regards to your comment about traction, having your truck in low gives you the ability to have more control on your truck in a sense that your truck will move when you want it to move. I feel as though it makes your truck more responsive to the movement of your gas pedal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts