Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering adding some wheel spacers now that I found some aftermarket fender flares that actually fit my 2020 Rebel. Yes, I've read the posts about spacers and the problems that they can cause, but I only have 7000 miles on the stock tires and I like the stock wheels, so I'm not ready for a lift and 35's with offset rims just yet. Has anyone put spacers on a 2019 or 2020 Rebel that has the non-air suspension w/ stock tires and wheels? If you have, can you please post info/pics and, if your stock tires rubbed, what you had to do to correct it? I do have the 2" ReadyLift on the front and 1.5" leveling spacers on the back, so there's some extra clearance.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
What brand did you find? I have Red Rocks on back order, but I feel like they will never come in. I may just cancel that order and go with what you have. Thanks.

P.S. - I'm getting my new -18 offset wheels installed at 1:00, so I can actually use the flares NOW.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
266 Posts
I looked them up, it said some modification would be required? Can you specify what had to be done to make them fit?
As for spacers I’ve seen a lot get away with 1 and 2” spacers, personally I would loctite them on (torqued to their specific value of course) odds are likely you may have a little rub just before you hit the turn stops.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Ordered Bushwacker 4 piece pocket style flares from Realtruck.com for $320. Cancelled the Red Rocks order, as it's been "out of stock" for some time now. Bushwackers ready to ship. Got new -18 offset wheels yesterday, so my tires now extend past wheel well by about an inch.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
266 Posts
How do they look?

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
How do they look?
I think the wheels look good with my truck. I'm basically keeping a black and white approach to the truck. So I turned the Goodyears around to put the blackwall side facing out. As to the Bushwackers, I find all those pocket style flares look about the same. I wish I'd seen those Wickeds, above, sooner. Would have saved a few bucks. Thanks for asking Rabbit. How did you get to be a "Super Moderator"? Lose a bet? :)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
266 Posts
lol I accidentally offered to help upkeep the site. Did pretty good at it so they upped me to super moderator.
this site has a lot of issues with spam, and the owner must enjoy Keto advertising, or is a keto and male enhancement salesman.
We just try to keep the forum clean, but it’s a daily struggle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked them up, it said some modification would be required? Can you specify what had to be done to make them fit?
As for spacers I’ve seen a lot get away with 1 and 2” spacers, personally I would loctite them on (torqued to their specific value of course) odds are likely you may have a little rub just before you hit the turn stops.
I'm not gonna lie, the front were a b*tch. Not sure how much trimming is required if you have the factory bumper, but the one I have from ADD needed some serious cutting. The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't sit completely flush against the fender. The bolts are for decoration and they rely on the inner wheel well screws to pull it in, which leaves a gap in some places. I think I'll order some longer allen head bolts, in black if I can find them, then drill through to fasten them permanently. Time will tell.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Considering adding some wheel spacers now that I found some aftermarket fender flares that actually fit my 2020 Rebel. Yes, I've read the posts about spacers and the problems that they can cause, but I only have 7000 miles on the stock tires and I like the stock wheels, so I'm not ready for a lift and 35's with offset rims just yet. Has anyone put spacers on a 2019 or 2020 Rebel that has the non-air suspension w/ stock tires and wheels? If you have, can you please post info/pics and, if your stock tires rubbed, what you had to do to correct it? I do have the 2" ReadyLift on the front and 1.5" leveling spacers on the back, so there's some extra clearance.
did you end up installing these on the factory wheels? Any install issues with regards to stud length?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did install them with the factory wheels. No problems with the studs being too long as there are relief cuts in the hub to allow for the studs to protrude a little if needed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
installed 2" wheel spacers this morning....love the look and stance they gave! Easy install...no vibes at any speed etc. Very minor rub on drivers side front fender liner only at "full" turn in reverse baking out of driveway. Honestly not even enough to worry about. Also think the front leveling kit will take care of that issue anyways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
installed 2" wheel spacers this morning....love the look and stance they gave! Easy install...no vibes at any speed etc. Very minor rub on drivers side front fender liner only at "full" turn in reverse baking out of driveway. Honestly not even enough to worry about. Also think the front leveling kit will take care of that issue anyways.

Just curious where you ordered your wheel spacers from. They’re very hard to find

1 - 16 of 16 Posts