Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the way the valences are on the Rebel, it looks very similar to the 2500 series. I know the mount brakes might be different, but wonder if the grill and headlight profile would be correct? Has anyone tried this or measured?

I'd been looking for something with a guard (mostly I want looks and lights), but didn't really care for the pre-runner look of the ADD. I saw someone had put the elite or premium from FabFours, which I had on my previous truck. Super stout, but weighs a ton. I was looking at their vengeance series, and just thinking how the front profile LOOKED right on the 2500's.

Any experience is greatly appreciated. I've had the truck 72 hours and am already making my plans!

·
Registered
933 Posts
What is a valance? What is a mount brake? A guard for what? Elite or premium fabfours what? Please forgive my ignorance but I have no idea what you are talking about.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking at the way the valences are on the Rebel, it looks very similar to the 2500 series. I know the mount brakes might be different, but wonder if the grill and headlight profile would be correct? Has anyone tried this or measured?

I'd been looking for something with a guard (mostly I want looks and lights), but didn't really care for the pre-runner look of the ADD. I saw someone had put the elite or premium from FabFours, which I had on my previous truck. Super stout, but weighs a ton. I was looking at their vengeance series, and just thinking how the front profile LOOKED right on the 2500's.

Any experience is greatly appreciated. I've had the truck 72 hours and am already making my plans!
When you mount a 2500 bumper onto the 1500, you have to fabricate new mounts to get them on. It is not plug and play friendly. You need custom made brackets. but its doable.

I have a set of magnum brand rebel bumpers coming tomorrow. as decent as it looks for now. and i like the profile much better then the ADD.

The ram rebel is a VERY niche market, i don't expect too many companies to be making a rebel bumper.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is a valance? What is a mount brake? A guard for what? Elite or premium fabfours what? Please forgive my ignorance but I have no idea what you are talking about.
Valance refers to the plastic under the headlights, "brake" was supposed to be "plate"... beyond that explanation it's all line specific and you can look it up if you care to be helpful and not just condescending.
When you mount a 2500 bumper onto the 1500, you have to fabricate new mounts to get them on. It is not plug and play friendly. You need custom made brackets. but its doable.

I have a set of magnum brand rebel bumpers coming tomorrow. as decent as it looks for now. and i like the profile much better then the ADD.

The ram rebel is a VERY niche market, i don't expect too many companies to be making a rebel bumper.
Yeah, I had no illusions of it being plug and play, and based on what I've found, I think they'd ultimately be too thick vertically to fit the look of the truck.

I'm talking with another manufacturer on getting some fitted/built and will keep everyone posted on progress.

Are you dealing with AJ and Robert @ Magnum. Good guys and always down to be active on truck groups. I wish they offered a few more looks.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Valance refers to the plastic under the headlights, "brake" was supposed to be "plate"... beyond that explanation it's all line specific and you can look it up if you care to be helpful and not just condescending.
I saw nothing condescending in his questions. He was asking good questions if he truly didn't know. And the "please forgive my ignorance" pretty much indicates that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw nothing condescending in his questions. He was asking good questions if he truly didn't know. And the "please forgive my ignorance" pretty much indicates that.
I could've definitely been being overly sensitive. Apologies, I've been a member of multiple clique-ish forums... that may not be the atmosphere here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I could've definitely been being overly sensitive. Apologies, I've been a member of multiple clique-ish forums... that may not be the atmosphere here.
i don't post much, but if you looked at the member in question, i have no idea what hes talking about in most of his posts.

good luck on the endeavor if you end up with a 2500 bumper. I really love the look of the gorhino bumpers, but i don't think i can stand all the extra work involved. Magnum bumpers to be delivered in about 12 hours though!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thanks for clearing up my questions. I see now that certain parts of the bumper are labeled differently than I am used to.

I don't belong to any clique' I'm usually out there in left field doing my own thing, but I do try to help people and ask questions when I don't understand something.

I have had most of the front end of the rebel apart a bunch of times and was never aware of some of the labels. Having modified a lot of the brackets and plate brackets for my rebel, any mods you do can effect the engineered crumple zones on the front of the frame. Special care should be taken not to undermine these zones.

IMO, I like the bumper and skid plate of the rebel and think changing to a front end with Baja type of a bumper takes away from the design too much.

You are trying not to copy something of another manufacturer, that's great!
But hey, to each his own, I would never begrudge any mod that improves the owners truck in their enjoyment of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.