Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I posted last week about the leak I had on my brand new, only put 200 miles on it, Rebel. Got it back from dealer after 5 days and kept an eye on the problem area. Sure enough, it's leaking again! Not as profusely, but nonetheless, it's leaking oil!!! I am beyond furious now. I brought it back to the dealer 2 days ago and have heard nothing from them since. I have called FCA and opened a complaint and have been assigned a case manager. She seems to be completely incompetent in every aspect of dealing with my displeasure. She never answers her phone, and does not return calls. I have asked to get a call back from a supervisor, and have yet to receive any call back. I am beginning to believe that I have made a HUGE mistake in buying a FCA brand vehicle. It has been a nightmare since the beginning with no end in sight. I have told the dealer and the case manager that I DO NOT want this truck as it has been torn apart twice now, and it will never be the same. The dealer says deal with corporate, and corporate says deal with the dealer. It's a complete joke. The sticker price on the Rebel was over $56k. I purchased, not leased, and this is how you treat your customers. So NJ lemon laws require 2 attempts to fix a vehicle. Am I wrong in not wanting THIS particular truck anymore??? Do I stand a chance in getting either the dealer of FCA to buy it back from me? Should I get a lawyer? I am so frustrated and my truck sits at the dealer for who knows how long....Please let me know your opinions.....Thank you.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Do you have another dealer in your area? If so take it to them hand tell them the whole story. If you don't, follow the Lemmon Law as prescribed. Good luck.
Big Red

·
Registered
330 Posts
(I haven't read your first post as I have only just returned to this forum. Just in case there is something I'm missing here.)

It is not true that just because the truck has been "fixed" twice means it will never be the same. If they actually fix it this time it will be better than new since the new one had an obvious issue with the rear main seal.

I'd give the dealer a second chance at making it right. They should be in contact with you though letting you know why your truck is sitting there for 2 days without anything being done. I would expect communication on the level of "we have ordered part number X and it will be here on Y day" and "once we have the part your truck will be our first priority." This also depends on how you intereacted with the dealership in the first place.

**** happens. Let them try to fix it. If they can't after the second try then it's time to proceed with the pain in the ass method of the law in your particular area.

YMMV.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would say let them fix it and in the mean time try to get rid of the truck with FCA. I would say they should take care of you with a loaner and if they don't give you a loaner they should pay for a months statement. I had my BMW in for service last year. They give you a loaner to drive but due to the fact that they had the car for the better part of the month they sent me a check for the monthly note on the car.

As far as FCA I would not back down from them. I would keep on harassing them to the point they get sick of you. I would have my foot of their ass. that's bullsh*t, 200miles on the truck.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It's just not fair comparing BMW service to Ram service. BMW gives serious customer service, European style. Dodge/Ram is used to dealing with Americans that they can s**t all over. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m not too sure where the rear main engine seal is, but I was inspecting the oil drain bolt on my 2021 Rebel to see which fumoto oil drain plug I wanted to go with and noticed a bolt on the lower part of the engine (I think) was glistening. When I touched it, sure enough it was oil. 300 miles on the truck. It’s not dripping, just seeping. Should I bee-line it to the dealer? Just doesn’t seem like a 60k brand new truck should be seeping anything from anywhere.

I would keep the pressure on FCA. Theyve gotta make this right For you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts