Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, silly question....how do I know if I have the 30 gal fuel tank in mine...
I purchased mine without a test drive or looking at the build sheet. It was love at first site and from I can tell it has all the options...everything from sunroof to sidestep to towing package to ram box. Heated seats, steering wheel, heated mirrors....etc...you get the idea. So, I saw that the 30 gallon tank was an option on line and became curious since I did my research half ass backwards and after I purchased the truck...oh, I told the dealer during their prep that I didn't need my build sheet...so duh on my part. Other than taking the fuel tank down to E and filling and seeing how many gal it takes, is there another less crude approach? I usually fill when the get to the halfway mark and it takes about 24 gallons. I never let it go below that....not after getting hooked on walking dead.....gotta have fuel and ready to roll.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Btw there has been issues with the 30 gal tank not showing accurate readings on the fuel gage.. so your "E" might not really mean you have an empty tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that's not cool. I was kinda figuring there may be a problem when I'm filling the tank at the half way mark and it's showing it took 24 gallons. Assuming the other half is 20- or so it means my tank is bigger than expected or the gas pump is inaccurate or my guage is inaccurate.....leaning towards the guage now....

Thanks for the info...appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.