Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anyone running 34" ish tires (305/70R-17)? I just ordered a set of Ridge Grapps and they'll be put on Wednesday.
Those tires look great on the Rebel. Your pics look like this is the perfect size on the 17 inch wheels for those of us that opt to not modify the suspension. Any rubbing noted? What about the speedometer - did you have to make any adjustments? Again, great look on your Rebel.

·
Read Only
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope just put them on. Full turn at the lowest setting and no rub at all. It looks like the speedo is about 2 MPH off. The fastest ive done so far was 65 so I don't know how it would be at 75-80 but I'll find out within the next week or so.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks for the info guys! I will have to keep those tire sizes and brands in mind. I am considering bigger tires, but my truck does not even have 2000 miles on it yet...... I have also looked at the BDS 4" lift for the Ram Rebel with Air Ride.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think thats a great setup, well done!

·
Read Only
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far even doing 80 mph on the speedo the truck is only 2 mph faster so its minimal compared to some bigger tire upgrades. My old truck with 33.5 tires was 4 mph at 80 so I'm happy with the new tire size. I'm impressed with the tires since even in rain they still grip very well.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It's pretty close to expected. The stock tires are 32.75" tall. Yours are 33.86" tall. Math says that the 1.11" difference is 3.39%. It's a linear change when converting diameter to circumference and then velocity. So you can multiply it by apparent speed of 80mph is +2.72mph or 80.27mph actual.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.