Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the 32 gallon fuel tanks works? When the fuel light comes on, is there 5-6 gallons of fue left? I can only fill to about 26 gallons despite having a 32 gallon tank. RAM says it is a reserve tank after 26 gallons but the fuel must circulate.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone know how the 32 gallon fuel tanks works? When the fuel light comes on, is there 5-6 gallons of fue left? I can only fill to about 26 gallons despite having a 32 gallon tank. RAM says it is a reserve tank after 26 gallons but the fuel must circulate.
I also was wondering about this last Sunday when I pushed my luck and filled up an empty tank to find out it only held 25.5 Gallons. The computer showed I had 0 miles left in the tank so I looked in the owners manual and for our cab it shows a 26 gallon tank. Its got me wondering

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ordered mine with the larger tank. It says it is a 26.6 galon tank. I was surprised when I read my list of options because I saw online that the optional larger tank is supposed to be 32 gallons. I wish it had a 40 gallon tank to take advantage of the cheap US gas prices since I live across the river from Detroit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ok. So i did some convrrting and it is a 32US gallon tank. What confused me is my list of options. See picture. It is listed in imperial gallons.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mine has a 32 gallon tank, it's confusing on the sticker cause it lists the standard options on the left and then lists the upgrades on the right, in any case, i'm still uncertain of it being a 32 gallon tank yet, i've still to do any type of real time mpg.
Being an old motor mechanic i usually always fill up when at a 1/4 tank and get around 20 gallons in ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
A 121 litre tank is 26.6 imperial gallons and 32 us gallons. I am wondering if the confusion is between us vs imp gal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok. So i did some convrrting and it is a 32US gallon tank. What confused me is my list of options. See picture. It is listed in imperial gallons.

The option list is the same on my truck; still could only put 25.5 in a very very empty tank
But my truck has been screwy since day I got it home and started looking at it like I should of at the dealer... remember my sport hood wasn't on......dammmmmmmm

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can someone help me understand this
I fill up every time. I never fill up for more than 23 & change gallons.
Even when the light is on and gas is too low to calculate estimated mileage left.
If I go to google and convert 24 imperial gallon to us gallon it says 28.8 us gallon.:confused:
My build sheet says 26 gallon fuel tank o_O
I'm confused

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the 32 gallon tank and I've put 28 gallons in it. The fuel gauge was on empty and I had my fingers crossed that I wouldn't run out.

G

·
Is it really worth the guessing , if the truck comes with a 26 gallon tank, or should it be a 32 gallon tank, because as someone said on the right side of the sticker it states 32 gallons, how can you confirm it is actually in the vehicle without filling it up? But once it is filled up, how can you get the remaining fuel from the tank with out issues?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too was uncertain if I really did get the 32 gallon tank as was listed in my options. The light came on and the range stated 41 miles remaining. I filled up and it was only 24.4 gallons to fill. I went underneath the truck today to verify and the fuel tank says 32 gallon on the sticker. It's possible the fuel pump doesn't sit on the bottom of the tank per say therefore not really giving an accurate reading of what fuel is left in the tank. I for one am not going to push it till I run out to determine, seeing the sticker was enough for me. I have heard of variances though with other owners not receiving what they should have on thier trucks. I saw the mention of one not getting the sport hood and others mentioning thier headlights did not have the black bezels. Thankfully I did get the sport hood, but my bezels are chrome. I'm leaving them as is, but the inconsistencies were enough to make me physically go under the truck to check fuel tank size.

·
Registered
15 Posts
To begin with, this is an American truck and should only be filled using gallons, that metric stuff is not American and should at no time be used! The metric system was an invention of the Commies during the cold war to confuse everyone. You better not be using that **** when Donald Trump becomes president! After he's finished building a wall across the Mexican border I'm sure there will be a lot of building supplies left over (knowing how Government purchases work) and he's gonna be looking for another border to close off.....just a word of warning. P.S. Also, quit speaking French up there!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
hahahaha great sarcasm.

Actually, the metric system was developed initially in France. It was developed primarily through the sciences, easy to calculate, and worked well with physics and chemistry computation. In fact, American scientists, physicists, and engineers use it all the time today. It's super easy to convert stuff. 1 km = 1000 meters, 1 meter = 100 cm = 1000 mm and so on. Most of the work is adding or removing 0's. 1 liter = 1000 ml.

The "American" system, though, is seriously screwed up. It's a holdover from the English and the Romans and Babalonians before them. 1 mile = 5280 feet, or 1760 yards, or 63360 inches. Lots of different people traded using lots of different standards. So we use acres, hectares, and square miles to measure land. But if you survey land, you'd better be ready to convert rods, too. 1 rod = 16.5 feet. How many rods in a mile? Yards in a rod? We have all this goofy crap because the English couldn't clean it up. 1 quart = 32 oz = 2 pints = 4 cups = 63.99 tablespoons.

We kicked England's butt 240 years ago so why are we still using their screwed up measurement system today? We're afraid to change! Most people DO NOT know very much of it, or what it has evolved into since then. Very few people can easily answer how to use or convert bushels, tons, teaspoons, roods, rods, perches, drams, ponies, jiggers, pecks, hogsheads, kennings, barrels, butts, pipes, grains, or carats. Each of those is a unit of measure used in some places/industries in America today that's been used for centuries.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Then why in the hell do I need my metric sockets when I work on my American truck?

But on the 32 gallon thing, I ran it down to light on, about 40 miles showing remaining, and I put 27 gallons in it, which apparently is some other crazy amount of imperial gallons (don't care), and some other crazy amount of liters (don't care). So I'm convinced the tank does hold somewhere around 32 gallons, but the distance to empty is very conservative because I believe this truck is also sold on the west coast where someone may sue someone if they run out of gas and were not properly warned.

·
Banned
246 Posts
I also was wondering about this last Sunday when I pushed my luck and filled up an empty tank to find out it only held 25.5 Gallons. The computer showed I had 0 miles left in the tank so I looked in the owners manual and for our cab it shows a 26 gallon tank. Its got me wondering
What does your build sheet say?

·
Registered
75 Posts
For everyone's info, there is a label on the rear side of your tank, very easily visible from under the truck. That label will tell you the size of the tank.

Reactions: Rebel.Law

·
Registered
14 Posts
so i ran tank down to 48 miles remaining, i average 11.8mpg..

managed to push in just a bit more then 23 gallons before it was topped out.
i think i need to examine my sticker somewhat.

i am definitely nowhere near 32 gallons.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts