Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Rebel comes with 33-inch Toyo Open Country A/Ts that are versatile all-terrain tires designed for rugged good looks, all-season handling and a comfortable ride. Their aggressive tread pattern offers good traction in bad conditions, on pavement or off. They feature a special wavy sipe arrangement for a comfortable ride and improved snow traction; groove bottom siping for more biting edges for increased traction in the snow and an open shoulder that maximizes water evacuation for excellent all-terrain traction and stability.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought the new 285/65/20 BFG KO2s and I love them so far!
4nines. Did you not like the Toyos? or did you just want different rims (20's)? If you've got 20s on your Rebel please post a pic!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm a BFG guy. I've had the mud-terrains and the all-terrain ko's on multiple vehicles depending on what I was using the truck for. I've used other brands, but BFG has always been my favorite.

I've known several people that have used Toyo Tires and love them. Never really heard anything bad about them. Most tires out there nowadays are comparable with each other anyways.

With that said, these tires are paid for and I'm going to give them shot.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Amen, Brother. When these get some age, I'll revisit this issue. I did like the 20's on my 2011 Ram, but I have other things I want to do instead of replace what seems to be GREAT tires.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm a BFG guy. I've had the mud-terrains and the all-terrain ko's on multiple vehicles depending on what I was using the truck for. I've used other brands, but BFG has always been my favorite.

I've known several people that have used Toyo Tires and love them. Never really heard anything bad about them. Most tires out there nowadays are comparable with each other anyways.

With that said, these tires are paid for and I'm going to give them shot.
I agree... I have ran BFGs for 15 years on several different trucks and Jeeps MTs/KO2s. Never had a problem. Love them.

These Toyos look great IMO and are not noisy. I plan to run them till they are done then upgrade to BFG KO2s in 35s.

Then I have to swap the seats! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've don't have any experience with the Toyos and the BFG tires I have had have been great. View attachment 71
what air pressure is everyone putting in their toyo tires,, i have the 35 inch toyos on my jeep also. when i got my rebel they said 45 lbs, same as my jeep. but my jeep run so much better at 28 lbs. on the jeep forum everyone says between 26 -30lbs, going to try 35 this week and see/

·
Registered
178 Posts
I agree with the 28lbs. I have 35's on my Rubicon and run 28. It's perfect. I tried it with the Rebel on day one and the TPMS system went crazy! Had to air back up to 50lbs. Need a procal or something to be able to alter it if it exists. I personally think 35-40 would be better IMO.

Sent from my JKURX

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree with the 28lbs. I have 35's on my Rubicon and run 28. It's perfect. I tried it with the Rebel on day one and the TPMS system went crazy! Had to air back up to 50lbs. Need a procal or something to be able to alter it if it exists. I personally think 35-40 would be better IMO.
Agree on all of the above! I think i ran my MT's around 25lbs

1 - 19 of 19 Posts