·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'd like to see it

Reactions: BCT

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Would love to see it! Did you have to do anything extra lift wise to ensure clearance, or was is a straight swap?
I believe the one ya Wana talk to is @jholtrop as I believe he has done this already. I know a few have 35" tired but he is Definetly more knowledgeable than I on this topic.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Would love to see it! Did you have to do anything extra lift wise to ensure clearance, or was is a straight swap?
Sorry should have rephrased. I'm planning to do 35" with 22x14. I'm torn though because I don't know how to make it happen. I was actually thinking 24x16 on 38x13.50 for a little but that will probably never happen and I doubt I would be able to fit 22x14 on 35". Thinking of just doing 22x12 Specialty forged SF008 on 355/40

·
Registered
42 Posts
I took the airbags and shocks out and went 6 inch BDS coilover.

35x12.5 fit on 9 inch wheels

not sure why shieldsboss wants a 12 or 14 inch wide wheel.

It's a style, I know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I took the airbags and shocks out and went 6 inch BDS coilover.

35x12.5 fit on 9 inch wheels

not sure why shieldsboss wants a 12 or 14 inch wide wheel.

It's a style, I know.
Yeah to each their own. I'm personally just a fan of a wider wheel. Only time I'd go 18x9 would be on 40's on a rubicon. How do the coilovers ride compared to the airbags?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I guess i'm just not into lifted trucks, i just don't understand why folks make their vehicles handle worse, or am i missing something o_O

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Mostly it's about appearance, entirely a personal feeling. I like the slightly larger tire look, but I'd rather have larger fender wheel openings around the tire than jack the truck up too much higher. I don't find all the empty space above the tire appealing, per se. I think the truck would look awesome with 37" or taller tires without having to jack it 8 inches higher. There comes a point of course where you have to lift it to avoid hitting the top of the fender. But just having more space in front and behind the tires would allow larger sizes without too much trouble. Plus putting a taller tire on the truck is lifting the truck some, too.

When I was a young man, all the young guys that had trucks were lifting them for a second reason: easier to see down into cars driven by girls.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I guess i'm just not into lifted trucks, i just don't understand why folks make their vehicles handle worse, or am i missing something o_O
Some for looks other for others for off roading. The air suspension is nice but scares me.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts