Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

So I'm looking to get 35in tires in March. I have a 2017 Ram Rebel. Still freshly new and Id really like some advice on how to go about issues when I go to get the tires.

Looking to get is:
BFG All Terrian k02 - 35x12.5x18
Rim:
Rockstars series 2

So I've got quoted from a couple of mod shops and they told me Id have an issue with rubbing. Curious of how I get around that? Another thing I just want to note is the overall height. I have a low garage door and but still have a good amount of clearance.

So questions:
Could I add a level to the front to help with rubbing? If so will that affect overall height of the truck?
I've been reading about people adding levelling links but clueless what exactly that is or how I go about it?

Really appreciate advice on this. New on all this too so more advice the better!

Thanks guys!
Simon

·
Registered
191 Posts
I put 35s on and I had rubbing on the factory fender flares pretty good. I replaced them with aftermarket 1s and it improved but still have a little fun. I made links from Grainger. Cost me $35. I've had em on b4 the rims n tires. I also have a -24 offset. Love it though n that slight rub is the only issue

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think True 35s will rub with no lift. Are you sticking with the stock offset for your wheels? That could change things too.

I have a stock air ride 2017 and fit 315/70/17 KO2s with minimal rubbing in off camber situations. In off road mode I don’t rub. Normal driving in normal and aero doesn’t run either. In normal mode in certain off camber situations the tires will rub the sway bar at full lock.

You could do leveling links or go for the BDS 4”.

Last two are off road mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey

So I'm looking to get 35in tires in March. I have a 2017 Ram Rebel. Still freshly new and Id really like some advice on how to go about issues when I go to get the tires.

Looking to get is:
BFG All Terrian k02 - 35x12.5x18
Rim:
Rockstars series 2

So I've got quoted from a couple of mod shops and they told me Id have an issue with rubbing. Curious of how I get around that? Another thing I just want to note is the overall height. I have a low garage door and but still have a good amount of clearance.

So questions:
Could I add a level to the front to help with rubbing? If so will that affect overall height of the truck?
I've been reading about people adding levelling links but clueless what exactly that is or how I go about it?

Really appreciate advice on this. New on all this too so more advice the better!

Thanks guys!
Simon

I installed levelling links on the front control arms before I upgraded the stock wheels and tires. It only took about an hour to set the length of the adjustable links, remove the factory links, and install the new ones. That gave me about an extra inch of height on the front. I replaced the stock tires with Toyo Open Country ATII's in a 35x12.5R17 size on Black Rhino 17x9.5 wheels with a 0mm offset to keep them tucked in and they only rub a tiny bit if I'm backing up, turning, and I hit a bump.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts