Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
It was my understanding the auto 4 wheel drive came with a different transfer case. That one is not as strong as the one they put in the rebel
Well that's a bummer. Anyone know if the powerwagon has it? Would think the rebel would be fairly close since they tried to bring its toughness to a 1/2 ton

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just spent (3) days in the back woods on wet nasty ripped up muddy fire roads in PA. Had 4-wheel lock in all weekend hunting and was impressed with the Rebel. It handled like my Jeep Rubicon and I had total confidence in it. No issues whatsoever. No big issue hitting the 4wd button.
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle
. Pretty impressed with the first 1000 miles on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Good news! Finally! Think we've needed some around here.

Reactions: BCT

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I had a 2010 Chevy Silverado prior to the Rebel and would not have attempted some of the trails I did in the Rebel. I'm very happy! Honestly felt like I was driving my Jeep

I had a 2wd for the past few 7 years and never got stuck but been nice to get back into something with more bite!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just spent (3) days in the back woods on wet nasty ripped up muddy fire roads in PA. Had 4-wheel lock in all weekend hunting and was impressed with the Rebel. It handled like my Jeep Rubicon and I had total confidence in it. No issues whatsoever. No big issue hitting the 4wd button. View attachment 445 View attachment 446 . Pretty impressed with the first 1000 miles on it!

I love a dirty truck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
It would be nice but doesn't take much effort to push the button. Considering growing up and having a big bronco that we had to get out and lock/unlock the hubs when we wanted 4WD. Then to disengage drive backwards a bit...so yea, hitting a button is no big deal for me.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
It would be nice but doesn't take much effort to push the button. Considering growing up and having a big bronco that we had to get out and lock/unlock the hubs when we wanted 4WD. Then to disengage drive backwards a bit...so yea, hitting a button is no big deal for me.
Well said....old school...haent done that since I was a kid

·
Registered
547 Posts
I second the locking hubs notion. I remember being submerged in mud and having to lock the hubs...that sucked...pushing a button is easy enough. Besides, who does the truck think it is telling us when it needs to be in 4WD anyway?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I second the locking hubs notion. I remember being submerged in mud and having to lock the hubs...that sucked...pushing a button is easy enough. Besides, who does the truck think it is telling us when it needs to be in 4WD anyway?
back when mudding meant getting muddy

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Ha-ha. I see some of us share the same fond dirty memories:)
I'm not sure I would go so far as to call them fond...but ....well rememberable to say the least

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.