Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see pictures of the rebel day it was unveiled with 4wd Auto.

Anyone has that? I certainly don't
Which model comes with it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
It was my understanding the auto 4 wheel drive came with a different transfer case. That one is not as strong as the one they put in the rebel

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It was my understanding the auto 4 wheel drive came with a different transfer case. That one is not as strong as the one they put in the rebel
Well that's a bummer. Anyone know if the powerwagon has it? Would think the rebel would be fairly close since they tried to bring its toughness to a 1/2 ton

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just spent (3) days in the back woods on wet nasty ripped up muddy fire roads in PA. Had 4-wheel lock in all weekend hunting and was impressed with the Rebel. It handled like my Jeep Rubicon and I had total confidence in it. No issues whatsoever. No big issue hitting the 4wd button.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449019942.165102.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449019954.552872.jpg
. Pretty impressed with the first 1000 miles on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Good news! Finally! Think we've needed some around here.

Reactions: BCT

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good news! Finally! Think we've needed some around here.
I had a 2010 Chevy Silverado prior to the Rebel and would not have attempted some of the trails I did in the Rebel. I'm very happy! Honestly felt like I was driving my Jeep

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I had a 2010 Chevy Silverado prior to the Rebel and would not have attempted some of the trails I did in the Rebel. I'm very happy! Honestly felt like I was driving my Jeep

I had a 2wd for the past few 7 years and never got stuck but been nice to get back into something with more bite!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just spent (3) days in the back woods on wet nasty ripped up muddy fire roads in PA. Had 4-wheel lock in all weekend hunting and was impressed with the Rebel. It handled like my Jeep Rubicon and I had total confidence in it. No issues whatsoever. No big issue hitting the 4wd button. View attachment 445 View attachment 446 . Pretty impressed with the first 1000 miles on it!

I love a dirty truck!

·
Registered
62 Posts
It would be nice but doesn't take much effort to push the button. Considering growing up and having a big bronco that we had to get out and lock/unlock the hubs when we wanted 4WD. Then to disengage drive backwards a bit...so yea, hitting a button is no big deal for me.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It would be nice but doesn't take much effort to push the button. Considering growing up and having a big bronco that we had to get out and lock/unlock the hubs when we wanted 4WD. Then to disengage drive backwards a bit...so yea, hitting a button is no big deal for me.
Well said....old school...haent done that since I was a kid

·
Registered
567 Posts
I second the locking hubs notion. I remember being submerged in mud and having to lock the hubs...that sucked...pushing a button is easy enough. Besides, who does the truck think it is telling us when it needs to be in 4WD anyway?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I second the locking hubs notion. I remember being submerged in mud and having to lock the hubs...that sucked...pushing a button is easy enough. Besides, who does the truck think it is telling us when it needs to be in 4WD anyway?
back when mudding meant getting muddy

·
Registered
187 Posts
back when mudding meant getting muddy
Yep... When I was a kid I used to have the Job of turning the Hubs on my Dad's 75 K5 Blazer... Olde School Style! Coming from the Jeep world... I'm used to having the job of selecting 4wd when I felt it was necessary!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Ha-ha. I see some of us share the same fond dirty memories:)
I'm not sure I would go so far as to call them fond...but ....well rememberable to say the least

1 - 20 of 20 Posts