Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any 5th gen owners have had engine issues with 5.7 litres? I bought my 19 rebel new in november. Ive already put 15000 on my new truck. At 5000 miles i got a check engine light i reas the code as a misfire cylinder 8. The next day I took in for the oil change and told the dealer of the code as it had already cleared earlier that day, told dont worry about it unless comes back on. Never seen again till right before my 15000 mile oil change. I had the oil change scheduled for the following monday, along with the wiper recall and the check engine light, which wqs only 3 more days. Got the call on monday 2 hours after dropping it off that the engune needed replaced as cylinder 8 was destroyed and needs new engine. Has anyone else had engine failures at such low miles. Took 4 weeks to get engine in and also needed new intake. Wich finaly arruved last friday. They started the swap yesterday. So now she has been in the shop for 50 days. This sucks. Not hoping with the customer service from the dealership at all, except the nice lady at the parts counter. She calls and updates more than my adviser.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2020 and yes multiple probs it’s in for bad exhaust leak on right side probably broken exhaust studs on head but they want to try manifold gasket which will lead them to finding broken studs.same thing happened on my 2017 rebel so it was traded in on the 2020.i have 44000 miles on mine you should expect probs with touch screen at any time then no controls or radio.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wondering if any 5th gen owners have had engine issues with 5.7 litres? I bought my 19 rebel new in november. Ive already put 15000 on my new truck. At 5000 miles i got a check engine light i reas the code as a misfire cylinder 8. The next day I took in for the oil change and told the dealer of the code as it had already cleared earlier that day, told dont worry about it unless comes back on. Never seen again till right before my 15000 mile oil change. I had the oil change scheduled for the following monday, along with the wiper recall and the check engine light, which wqs only 3 more days. Got the call on monday 2 hours after dropping it off that the engune needed replaced as cylinder 8 was destroyed and needs new engine. Has anyone else had engine failures at such low miles. Took 4 weeks to get engine in and also needed new intake. Wich finaly arruved last friday. They started the swap yesterday. So now she has been in the shop for 50 days. This sucks. Not hoping with the customer service from the dealership at all, except the nice lady at the parts counter. She calls and updates more than my adviser.
Knock on wood! No issues on my 2020.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 2015 Rebel and I had an exhaust leak. Turned out to be broken exhaust studs on the passenger side exhaust manifold. Manifold was replaced with all new studs under warranty. I also had both front wheel bearings replaced under warranty as well. Truck has 86k miles and other than routine maintenance, those are the only issues I’ve had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts