Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a tool where I can punch in numbers on hub / wheel specs and see if everything lines up? I currently have a wheel that is 17x8.5 5x5.5 lug with an offset of +18.05. I want to put on 17x8.5 8x6.5 lug with an offset of +27 with the lug adapter giving a 2 inch spacing... yeah I need help

Basically I want to go from stock to this:
American Expedition Vehicles - Premium Suspension Systems, Bumpers, Wheels, Accessories and Complete Vehicle Conversions for Jeep Wrangler JK, HD Ram and Ram 1500

I am more open to finding a wheel within our normal lug pattern, but I am having a very hard time finding a wheel like in the link above. Any help?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found out that with a +27 offset and a 2 inch spacer it equals to a -23.8 offset which would only push the wheel face out by 1.6 inches.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Not a wheel/rim expert, so I'll be of no help in pointing you in the right direction, but the rim looks nice. Not my perticler style but it's nice.
I'm not sure if all that trouble to get it to work is worth it? Webpage says its for 2500-3500 trucks. Guessing cause they have the 8 lug pattern?

Would it be better to install a 8 lug hubs on all four and not do the spacers? Not a big fan of spacers as the entire suspension geometry is thrown off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a wheel/rim expert, so I'll be of no help in pointing you in the right direction, but the rim looks nice. Not my perticler style but it's nice.
I'm not sure if all that trouble to get it to work is worth it? Webpage says its for 2500-3500 trucks. Guessing cause they have the 8 lug pattern?

Would it be better to install a 8 lug hubs on all four and not do the spacers? Not a big fan of spacers as the entire suspension geometry is thrown off.
I am aware it's for the 2500's that's why I said I would have to use a lug adapter which I am not fond of. My goal is to try a find the same wheel in 5 lug, otherwise I will have to consider the lug adapter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am aware it's for the 2500's that's why I said I would have to use a lug adapter which I am not fond of. My goal is to try a find the same wheel in 5 lug, otherwise I will have to consider the lug adapter.

I am trying to build an expedition vehicle to do multi day mountain trails, and I love the Dakar and this is sticking with that style

·
Registered
23 Posts
An 8 lug wheel meant for a 2500 likely has a higher load rating and weighs more than is necessary. This means more stress on your vehicle, and most likely a rougher and more sluggish ride. If I were you, I'd stick to finding a 5 lug wheel with an offset that gets you the look you want.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An 8 lug wheel meant for a 2500 likely has a higher load rating and weighs more than is necessary. This means more stress on your vehicle, and most likely a rougher and more sluggish ride. If I were you, I'd stick to finding a 5 lug wheel with an offset that gets you the look you want.
The weight of this wheel is about ~20lbs lighter then the stock wheel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That's kind of scary.
Sorry, my math was off. My old OZ Superturismo were 18lbs for 18 inches, the point of the wheel is to be super strong and super light.

AEV reports the wheel alone is 30lbs, our wheel and tire weigh in at 84lbs and toyo spec sheet say they are 48lbs which makes our wheels 36lbs. So yeah, my math sucked they are 6lbs lighter, these are rally (Dakar) wheels, so weight was on the engineers mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts