Registered
1,294 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
I was told these are bad because you cant get a good signal for local or even radio stations far away that longer antennas may pick up.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Replaced my antenna with billet 50 cal. Radio still works great and get a ton of compliments on it.
I just installed the same one today... All good so far!

Honestly, I rarely listen to regular radio. I did scan some stations today and didn't see any problems. Good quality sound etc.

Sent from my JKURX

Q

·
0 Posts
I just installed the same one today... All good so far!

Honestly, I rarely listen to regular radio. I did scan some stations today and didn't see any problems. Good quality sound etc.

Sent from my JKURX
Good to know, let me know how it holds up thru a car wash afterwards with the sinning brushes , etc.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good to know, let me know how it holds up thru a car wash afterwards with the sinning brushes , etc.
Will do... NE Ohio salt will be another test as well. I hit the car washes quite frequently during the winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I installed my 13'' Antenna X yesterday with the "Dodge-Adaptor" I installed and decided to remove the small 1 1/2'' barrel at the base of the connector that seeds into the Ram screw point. Tested it and radio works fine. I did notice that all the other Ram applications I've seen no one else has done what I have. Does that lower barrel that is removable serve a purpose I don't know about?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Ah, I see what you mean. I didn't realize that lower part would come off the antenna. I just went out and checked mine out of curiosity after seeing this and mine is on pretty snugly. Now you've got a kind of odd flare near the mount, though. A rubber washer or two might fix that up. I might have to do that myself. Thanks for the pic!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah, I see what you mean. I didn't realize that lower part would come off the antenna. I just went out and checked mine out of curiosity after seeing this and mine is on pretty snugly. Now you've got a kind of odd flare near the mount, though. A rubber washer or two might fix that up. I might have to do that myself. Thanks for the pic!
Yeah. It was actually the wife's idea once I put it on. She's like that lower portion comes right off and you can just direct screw into the mount. And she said she thought it looked better without the added barrel. I agree I might place some washers to help offset the angle changes. I like it personally and the sound quality was perfect off the radio while I was still parked in garage.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts