Ram Rebel Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Yeah. It was actually the wife's idea once I put it on. She's like that lower portion comes right off and you can just direct screw into the mount. And she said she thought it looked better without the added barrel. I agree I might place some washers to help offset the angle changes. I like it personally and the sound quality was perfect off the radio while I was still parked in garage.
The washers may rust unless you use stainless steel, why don't you use O-Rings , they are black and don't rust, Use Viton O-Rings they are very resistant to weather and salt, etc....

Q

·
0 Posts
What size you thinking?
does the collar you removed look like the same size, id take that to a hardware store or plumbing store and use that size or the antenna itself, I haven't installed mine yet to know. When you find out the size can you let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The washers may rust unless you use stainless steel, why don't you use O-Rings , they are black and don't rust, Use Viton O-Rings they are very resistant to weather and salt, etc....
And that's why I mentioned rubber washers. I'm confused now. How does rubber rust?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone change their antenna recently. I still listen to a good amount of FM radio but hate the look of the factory metal antenna also want something car wash friendly any suggestions will help as the reviews on some say reception is bad.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Anyone change their antenna recently. I still listen to a good amount of FM radio but hate the look of the factory metal antenna also want something car wash friendly any suggestions will help as the reviews on some say reception is bad.
I would steer clear of the bullet antenna. I love the look, but reception is garbage. Most the reviews said that, but I bought it for looks alone
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

21 - 31 of 31 Posts