Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased 2019 5th gen ram rebel. I went ahead and tinted the front windshield. Now the horn blares and the hazard lights constantly blink. The horn eventually cuts off after a minute or two but the hazards still have not shut off and it has been a few days. Anyone faced similar issues and have any solutions?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I will offer a suggestion that may help you in your troubles.....remove the windshield tint and see if that fixes your horn and hazardous flashers
If that fails....off to the dealer you go!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will offer a suggestion that may help you in your troubles.....remove the windshield tint and see if that fixes your horn and hazardous flashers
If that fails....off to the dealer you go!

I have kept the tint on. It’s at the dealer for a week now. They attribute it to the alarm system. Well see.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Ya I think someone had a similar issues a while back....when you said alarm, it hit me. Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I think someone had a similar issues a while back....when you said alarm, it hit me. Good luck
Do you know the link to that post ? Or do you remember their solution? Not looking to remove windshield tint

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Doubt it’s related to your tint unless the tint has an aluminized coating and that somehow is interfering with alarm signal....or the installer of said tint did something that he forgot to tell you....
as for the other guy with alarm issues , I don’t have the link, but I do believe it was resolved with a reflash of module....try to do a quick search...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doubt it’s related to your tint unless the tint has an aluminized coating and that somehow is interfering with alarm signal....or the installer of said tint did something that he forgot to tell you....
as for the other guy with alarm issues , I don’t have the link, but I do believe it was resolved with a reflash of module....try to do a quick search...
I did search this site and couldn’t find anything. I appreciate your help. I hope others can step up and chime in as well. I loved this site when I had my 4th gen and glad to be back with my 5th gen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts