Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 60" light bar. It has the plug to plug right in but it looks funny. I wanna hard wire it, has anyone done it with this truck yet?
Would I just match color to color and be done? Any advice would be much appreciated!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Depends on the light bar. Your pictures show more wires in one than the other who I leads me to believe that it isn't as simple as 1:1 on wiring.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on the light bar. Your pictures show more wires in one than the other who I leads me to believe that it isn't as simple as 1:1 on wiring.
Yea that's what I was thinking. That's why I posted it before I started cutting and destroying my towing package haha. I ended up just buying a Y harness. It will give me an extra 4pin flat connector behind the bumper where the actual towing package gets power. This was I don't have to cut anything and I can just plug right in and hide the wires.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I eneded up just getting the Y harness. It plugged right into the back of the bumper and gave me a extra 4 pin connector. Worked great and now my light bar looks sick!

Q

·
0 Posts
is this the rear brake light bar? where did you purchase it from?
What do you guys me, you plugged it in with the Y adapter behind the bumper?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is this the rear brake light bar? where did you purchase it from?
What do you guys me, you plugged it in with the Y adapter behind the bumper?
I got mine as a Christmas gift. And instead of plugging it right into your towing package. The y harness is an extra adapter. That your light bar plugs into and it has an extra connection for the original power for the towing.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yea that's what I was thinking. That's why I posted it before I started cutting and destroying my towing package haha. I ended up just buying a Y harness. It will give me an extra 4pin flat connector behind the bumper where the actual towing package gets power. This was I don't have to cut anything and I can just plug right in and hide the wires.
Man. I must have been out of it when I said what I did before. It should have been Color matched for tail light wiring. Ground/break/running/blinker...sorry

TrailerWiringDiaghram-1.jpg

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
@ Javif590 Could you post a photo of your light bar please?

That would be awesome. Thanks. And the wiring harness too if you could show how you connected it.
Here u go. This picture shows the harness connecting into the original wiring for the tow package. It gives me an extra 4 pin connector behind the bumper. This way I can hind the wires without splicing. Also I got a pic of them on but the daytime pic does it no justice I'll take a better on later with the reverse light on and the brake light lit up.

Attachments

Q

·
0 Posts
View attachment 844 View attachment 843
Here u go. This picture shows the harness connecting into the original wiring for the tow package. It gives me an extra 4 pin connector behind the bumper. This way I can hind the wires without splicing. Also I got a pic of them on but the daytime pic does it no justice I'll take a better on later with the reverse light on and the brake light lit up.
@ARALPH30. Those photos are awesome. Works Ok for me. And the adapter you posted. Thanks also. I'm going to order both the adapter and light bar tonight. Any suggestions where to get a good one?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@ARALPH30 It should be. I'm good at figuring things out like that. I'm getting the bar that has the reverse light in it also. By Recon lights.
Yea the one I have had the reverse light. I had to tap into the taillights revers light to make it work. The y harness dosnt work for that part of it.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts