Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do I recieve my emails and alerts from my blackberry q10 on my radio , I can recieve my texts and incoming phone calls but no email

·
Registered
156 Posts
How are you going to reply to email without a keyboard or text input of some sort?
Voice text just keep the text messaging works, but I think I can wait to email later. Have to draw the line somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I agree on the email. Having seen one accident - a woman talking on her cell phone while driving, I'm not keen on seeing texting in vehicles, either. I almost got run off the road by two teens who were BOTH laughing and texting, each on their own phone, just the other day. They crossed over into my lane and I went up on the curb to avoid hitting them in their tiny little import car. If they were to hit someone, they'd be in more danger than most vehicles they hit. And they were looking down at their phones and each others' phones more than up at the road. I see fools all the time driving with books and newspapers in the mornings. Or putting on makeup in their visor mirror. Texting is doubly bad, and moving the texting device from a cell phone in hand to the center console is geometrically worse. Increasing message lengths from short texts to longer emails just increases the distraction potential.

Not implying any of you fellow forum members are crazy enough to do this while driving. But if the feature is there, some idiot will try it. And if the feature is in a vehicle weighing nearly 3 tons, rather than a tiny import car, the damage just gets greater. Now imagine what happens when some genius figures out how to add youtube or video to it....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts