Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2016 Ram Rebel with 52,800 miles, only 3k miles belonging to me and not the original owner, is literally power thrusting my truck forward every time I come to a complete stop. So this Ram at 7,5k miles had the transmission, and suspension PCM reflashed, reprogrammed, and replaced under warranty according to previous annotations in the service records. Now, we push forward to today at 52,263, and my truck has had with me x3 transmission pcm reflashes, x1 relearn, the transmission valve body replacement, and transmission fluid replaced by the dealership. So I go to pickup my truck after all this work was completed during an 8 hour appointment at Davis Dodge Yulee, and MAN oh MAN this truck was smooth and blast to enjoy, felt brand new. Then.... 24 hours later as I am heading to church.....BAM, thusted forward at a stop light right after stopping. I swear, someone hit me, I mean it was x10 times worse than the previous downshifts prior to warranty work. So, I still drive my truck giving the truck 24 hours to possible say it was a fluke, but nope, over And over and over again......bang at 2 MPH’s 2nd-1st downshifts. Now, i am taking it back in to further pursue this issue. I am taken back at this kind of issue with a very reliable ZF transmission. Any thoughts on how to pursue this, and yes I truly suspect software/programming errors, because the transmission drove great during my relearn period.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had same problem with the 8 speed in my challenger and same repairs it better not happen to my truck
Anyway I know they are different transmissions but seem to have same problems if you dont get any answers here check out srt forums there is a lot of info on there for the same issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had same problem with the 8 speed in my challenger and same repairs it better not happen to my truck
Anyway I know they are different transmissions but seem to have same problems if you dont get any answers here check out srt forums there is a lot of info on there for the same issue
Thanks so much Rebel 17, I truly appreciate your insight and help. Just got truck back and the head shops foreman stated he see’s that the transmission reprogramming and relearn failed. So they reapplied the relearn process and so far so good. I just want my truck to operate as previously felt from day one. Will check out the SRT forums, cheers mate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had same problem with my 2015 which has 89k miles on it. brought it to the dealership and they noticed it and did a "reprogram" of the trans to solve the issue. I haven't noticed it since I got the truck back, but I didn't notice I've lost 4mph's since I got it back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts