Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem: you leave your sunroof open ( accidently ) overnight and it rains. In the morning, you have a mess.....(not admitting that I personally did this)

Challenge : design a sensor circuit that will automatically close sunroof with rain detection, sensor can be mounted someplace other than near sunroof. If possible circuits should be plug and play.
Another option would be that the sunroof automatically closes after 1/2 hr ( or less) after parking for those that find themselves forgetting to close.

Finance: I'll pay for parts/design and labor and donate my truck for the experiments, with the understanding that I will own the rights to the design and any future marketing/sales of device.
Partnership is an option for those that are interested.

And of course finally, looking for thoughts and interest in the design.

Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Drove to work the other day and ALL day I worried I didn't close the sun roof. I close the sun shade after closing it as a way of reinforcement in building this new habit. First time sun roof owner here.

·
Registered
141 Posts
When I had my Pontiac my sunroof would close automatically when I turned the car off. Wish our trucks had that function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My last ram had that function and I absolutely hated it. I like leaving my roof open when it's nice out and I would always have to let it close then reopen it. I really hated it.

Sent from my iPhone X Prototype using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.