Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 20 & up

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 14 RAM Sport Crew 2x4 Evic would say 18 but actual would be 15. Combo of city and highway. Mainly highway. I used Gas Tracker app to calculate real average.
Evic: 18
Actual: 15

On my Rebel
Evic: 12.8
Actual: 13.4 (2 fillups, I think that's extremely low)

What are you averaging?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree the mileage is dismal so far compared to my 2x4 Express which could muster out 23 mpg on the highway. It isn't apples to apples though as that had the 3.21 gears and less weight but I towed for the first time this weekend and averaged 8-9 with about a 4500 lb. trailer. Need to give it time and hope for better. I am a big fan of Archoil 9300 and bet that will help as I will put it in the engine and rear diff when broken in. Without a trailer, I got as high as 18 highway for a two hour drive. The Vararam intake helped my Express and swapped it over to the Rebel so we will see.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I took the truck on it's first road trip through the Piney Woods of East Texas this weekend and averaged 17.2 mpg!!! Speed limits ranged from 40-75(you know I was going 80)....Friggin AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I took the truck on it's first road trip through the Piney Woods of East Texas this weekend and averaged 17.2 mpg!!! Speed limits ranged from 40-75(you know I was going 80)....Friggin AWESOME!!!
Nice! I am a couple hours from you. I have not seen more than one Rebel on the road since they hit the dealerships. How many miles do you have on it now?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm at 4,500 miles so far. I've also only seen one other rebel, which was black. I know there's a white one in Clear Lake, but that's about it. 3 Rebels in the 4th largest city in America.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far seems like i'm the only one getting 13mpg.
Unless i'm the only one not trusting the EVIC :(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds like you have a lead foot. I like to think I baby mine as I'm trying to eek out as much MPG as possible. I'm at 14.9 in the city, but with a few "spirited" drives, I could EASILY see 13mpg.

Remember, if you don't like what the EVIC is telling you, just hit the reset button! It's kinda like restarting your old Nintendo when you get pissed off at Zelda!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Currently averaging 12.2L/100km, which works out to between 19-20mpg.

My Rebel has the Hemi, and I've swapped the stock muffler for a Magnaflow. I drive about 70% highway/30% city, and I'm not driving the speed limit. I don't accelerate too hard off the line, but I'm not light on the throttle either. Truck has just over 3000km on it now.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I just bought mine two weeks ago. Just hit 400 miles and been averaging 9-10 mpg around town and highway mixed. I've been trying to drive in Eco but you literally crawl. Idk what wrong lol

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
My mileage is actually improving but not fast enough....time for some mods...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm getting about 15-16. Highest it's been, average, is 17.3. I'm at 9k miles with a ton of highway and country roads. Adding side steps and splash guards this week. These won't help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree the mileage is dismal so far compared to my 2x4 Express which could muster out 23 mpg on the highway. It isn't apples to apples though as that had the 3.21 gears and less weight but I towed for the first time this weekend and averaged 8-9 with about a 4500 lb. trailer. Need to give it time and hope for better. I am a big fan of Archoil 9300 and bet that will help as I will put it in the engine and rear diff when broken in. Without a trailer, I got as high as 18 highway for a two hour drive. The Vararam intake helped my Express and swapped it over to the Rebel so we will see.
Is your Vararam the air grabber model? Do you know if it will fit the 2016 Rebel?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
As of this morning my avg. Is right at 16, I'll have a K&N installed this week along with a switchblade bedcover. We'll see how much it helps in a month.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts