Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a camper shell on my 2002 Ram that I bought brand new and drove for almost five years. I've been looking at bed covers etc... But I enjoyed having a shell so much I decided to order one. I'm nervous to see what it does to my truck. When I ordered it the tailgate had to have a special piece installed for the back glass came down but they changed their design and now it's part of the window itself. Not sure if I like it this way. The shell looks great with carpet headliner, lights, frameless glass and it locks and unlocks with my factory remote on the key fob. However with the new design it looks like raw fiberglass under the back glass and I know it won't be seen, it still bothers me. Let's see what this does to the looks of my new Rebel. Installation tomorrow and I'm nervous. Lol

·
Registered
952 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Post pics when you get it on!

Reactions: DaversRebel

·
Registered
952 Posts
Just WOW

·
Registered
952 Posts
Very nice too!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks Great! I have a similar setup and Love it! I have had Leer Caps on my last (3) trucks. Works for me and the stuff I do. Nice truck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm thinking about doing the opposite to your truck by putting charcoal gray carbon fiber look at the bottom. I love the color of yours but when I was looking I got a deal on a black one. Yours looks great!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the opposite to your truck by putting charcoal gray carbon fiber look at the bottom. I love the color of yours but when I was looking I got a deal on a black one. Yours looks great!
Thanks!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Very nice
Beautiful

·
Registered
952 Posts
image.jpeg
Mine. Although I call it a cap, maybe just a Canadian thing.
image.jpeg

Reactions: Kriskrisnc

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well... Looks like we covered all the Rebel available colors! Great looking trucks everyone.

·
Registered
952 Posts
The ram boxes and a cap would be double the waste of space. IMO, the loss inside the cap would be a loss due the width of the ram boxes, and outside their would need to be a door added to allow the access to the ram boxes. Taking away from both inside space and windows on the box cap. You may get usability when removing the box cap, but with it on it would be tough to access both.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
That's another reason I don't care for the Rambox. I have occasional need to haul things that are wider than the truck bed. For example, I can carry 12-22 bales of hay (about 1/2-3/4 ton) by cross stacking on this short bed, without having to go get a trailer. The plastic lids on the Rambox would not like this. No way I'd want to do this with them. (This is not my pic, just a random pic from the web to demonstrate, and it's a longer bed.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Even though some may think it's a waste of space, that doesn't really concern me. I also know the boxes won't be accessible while a cap is in place, but that really wasn't the question.

If someone finds one, please let me know..... thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts